I Said This (To Get Elected), But of Course; Am Doing This!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I still think La. spends way too much on healthcare. Other larger states manage on much, much less.

One interesting point here is that back in the 80's Governor Mike Foster brought Jindal (the boy wonder) INTO his cabinet specifically to sort out the disastrous healthcare system in LA at the time. He did a bang-up job on it and righted the sinking healthcare ship. He was a smart guy, no question, and did a damn fine job. How did healthcare get so outta whack during his tenure? He's the guy who fixed it! Wha hoppened?! :confused:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Exactly. I remember when my youngest started school and this has been a while back her brother had his own "cubby" in kindergarten and 1st grade to put all of his supplies in you know that list you get so you can go to walmart with the other parents and buy up pencils crayons etc. When she started we had a list that included wipes and toilet paper hugely different than the boy started 4 years before and frankly it was a head scratcher. We go to the meet the teacher night at her school with this hefty bag of supplies and I ask where is her cubby? Oh well we dont do that anymore we just put it in this big pile and whoever needs what gets what they need..... I just stood blinking for a moment before it just washed all over me and I told her no we dont do that Im not teaching my daughter collectivism so she either has a cubby or we take this stuff home and dole out what she needs on a daily basis. The teacher was shocked and said but but Sir thats how its done now and I replied thats teaching the little ones communism from an early age and I prefer to teach mine that private property Her private property as I shook the bag of supplies belongs to her not in some collective pile that everyone according to thier needs gets to dig into whether they contributed or not. I said in a very loud voice that those that have parents that wont get their supplies for them have already been provided for by the government confiscation out of my weekly paycheck and the exorbidant property taxes that I paid on a yearly basis and that we were NOT going to actively participate in their soft indoctrination excercise. I looked around and some of the other parents were nodding and mumbling yeah us too. If I hadnt spoken up and I went to the PTA meeting and brought the issue up there as well, most people would have been shamed into blind adherence with ye olde herd mentality. How many people these days stand up to that type of progressive garbage? Too damned few in my humble opinion.

Good for you. So many people feel guilty for being successful, and feel bad for little Johnny who's parents are leaches, so they just give in. I believe in charity and I 100% agree with you that that collective Bullshine that we teach our kids from grade school is evil. In the end it doesnt help little Johnny and hurts society as a whole. Now its not little Johnny's fault his daddy is a dead beat and his momma is a worthless slut, so I would gladly buy Everything little Johnny needs as well as my child so long as its his and my daughter's stuff is hers.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    One interesting point here is that back in the 80's Governor Mike Foster brought Jindal (the boy wonder) INTO his cabinet specifically to sort out the disastrous healthcare system in LA at the time. He did a bang-up job on it and righted the sinking healthcare ship. He was a smart guy, no question, and did a damn fine job. How did healthcare get so outta whack during his tenure? He's the guy who fixed it! Wha hoppened?! :confused:
    Obamacare happened.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

These previous administrations (back to the criminal Edwards), have been overspending and playing the shell game with the budgets for decades. How Jay Dardenne can go out there on record and tell bald face lies that this is only Jindal's fault, is borderline treasonous to me. Blame Jindal so it's acceptable to just keep doing what the last 6 administrations did and just raise taxes? F**K no!

If we had a media that actually did what they were supposed to do, which is report the facts and keep a watchful eye on government, they might do us a favor and list every sacred cow the budget has. And I'm talking to the nth degree. I would want to know which administration installed them, why we have them, which state rep or senator is protecting them and why, the connection between the contractor and the gov., rep., or senator; or other political crony; and whether or not they are political campaign donors, blow buddies, or brothers in law.

Start with the A's and work all they way through to Z.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    If we had a media that actually did what they were supposed to do, which is report the facts and keep a watchful eye on government, they might do us a favor and list every sacred cow the budget has ... Start with the A's and work all they way through to Z.

How do you post so cogently while obviously on some serious drugs! :D The media actually doing what they're supposed to do? Ya mean like just reporting the news without bias? Don't take the brown acid!!!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Keep it up! Bitching is as American as apple pie!

When Americans stop bitching, we become complacent and nothing changes! When Americans become complacent, we become slaves!

BTW; Heard that the budget deficit is worse than what was reported last month! :bravo:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    1) I love this thread. PLEASE keep the updates coming Emperor!

2) On the subject of "bitching" about politics. I have heard many times throughout my life people mention "if you didn't vote, then you aren't allowed to complain". And you know what...they are WRONG! I pay taxes and follow the laws of this country therefore I have the right to complain to everyone in charge of collecting, controlling, and distributing my money, as well as everyone in charge of controlling and changing the laws. EFF that they are using MY money whether I voted for them or not so I have a say! (But I definitely vote!).

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Well, Edwards will be on television tonight @ 6:30 to explain why we should be willing to pay more taxes. I wonder if he supports Obama pulling offshore oil revenue from the Gulf states.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Well Kennedy was on the news all morning talking about all this BS and he met with JBE and he refused to listen. We just need to cut the waste. He pointed out some of the ridiculus projects this state is paying for and that should be eliminated and the deficit would not only fix itself that we would wind up with a big surplus and not need any tax increases.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    It's about to be another big political chess game with lots of bargaining chips.

SMH

Kennedy had a great response WITH the solutions JBE wanted people to bring to the table....just saying.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula

What happened? Obama happened. His promises to increase taxes so that people who pay taxes, pay their fair share. He promised new entitlements also to be paid by businesses. They can blame Bush all they want, they took a downturn in the economy and turned it into a disaster. This is why there is no recovery. Louisiana spends too much money, and is suffering from federal policies intended to punish energy producing companies ( which is what La's economy is based upon). Part of the current "crisis' is low oil prices. When oil prices rise, do you think JBE will rescind that 1cent sales tax increase he wants? or the tax incentives to businesses that otherwise will go to Tx or Ga? I doubt it. This is a ploy to scare people into agreeing on a tax increases. I agree with John Kennedy, La. has a spending problem. I said healthcare before because our budget claims over 9 Billion spent on Health and Hospitals. Georgia, with a larger population manages to spend 2.3 Billion on Medicaid and "peachcare".

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I watched the live speech and I think he should be ashamed. Going on live tv and saying LSU will close its doors and there will no be college football next year if we don't pay more is pathetic. I hope there is a backlash for him trying to scare the masses into paying more in taxes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom