Air rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    Update on mine the scope and rings that come with it are allowing it to shift. I'm going to have to upgrade that. I'm not sure why they are moving around I have them tight almost to the point of stripping the screws. Obviously they are not the best quality but I thought they would hold up to air rifle vibration/recoil with no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

that's why I switch scopes on my benjamin np2. The nitro piston impact, would constantly move my scopes post of aim. I read that center fire rifle scopes are designed for recoil shock. Also loctite on the mounting screws may help

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    You have to use an air gun rated scope on a springer. The back and forth recoil motion will wreck a regular centerfire scope.
    The air guns that you fill with a tank or hand pump can use any scope since there is no back and forth recoil.
    That same recoil will make a scope move in the rings or the rings to slide in the groves of the barrel. A lot of springer rifles will have a scope mount stop on the receiver to stop this or a hole for a lug on the scope mount/ring to fit in. Usaully the cheap scopes that come on those package combos are crap anyways.
    Look on pyramidair.com or airgundepot.com for decent replacements.
    What is intriguing me is the new Benjamin Airbow that is coming out that will shoot a full size arrow at 450fps and you can get 8 shots per 3000psi fill and all you have to do is load the arrow and cock it to shoot. Supposed to shoot 2" groups at 50 yards. There is a video where a guy used one to take a Bison with 2 shots. I wish they were legal for Archery season. I'd rather have that than a crossbow.

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I was reading reviews on several air rifles and this one grabbed my interest. Have since searched cost and at under $200 I may be in.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    A question about sights. Is it common for a spring gun to have the rear sight off to one side? I noticed with the scope on things seemed off. I replaced the scope and noticed I had to move the windage way over to set up.

J.wag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    poplarville mississippi
    I had a cheapo Beeman one time that was pegged out to the left turns out the barrel had a slight bend to it. Might be worth checking that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom