Buying a new (or new to me anyway) sig sauer for carry and looking for recommendation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drugstore_cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Mandeville
    I just finished doing my taxes and I'm getting a decent bit back, so I've decided to buy a new gun. There were 2 sigs that caught my eye at my lgs, the relatively new p320 subcompact, which is a double stack striker fired 9mm ($600), and a noticeably used p232 (a decent amount of scuffing is visible on top of the slide but no rust or additional signs of abuse), which is similar to the ppk minus the external safety ($350). I really like both of these pistols and have owned similar guns before that I've liked( glock 19, glock 43, ruger lcp.) but I've never had a sig so I'd like to know of anyone had any incite on these guns or sig sauer in general they'd like to share that would help me decide on one or the other or even a different gun altogether.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I currently have two Sigs a they are my favorite handguns. I have a 227 SAS Carry which is a 45 and a 228 which is a 9mm. They have proven to be well built, dependable pistols. I really believe you can't go wrong with a Sig.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I carried a Sig P229 for 5 years. It is a beautiful work of art. I too loved mine. But I have since stopped carrying art and started carrying practicality. Hell, I am wearing a Sig shirt as I sit here; and will NEVER kick a Sig out of my safe; but unless it is sleek like a G19, and has as many rounds, it's never going back in my CC holster.

You can take this advice as you wish (like all of the crap on here), but I am talking from experience! ;)

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    First of all I don't think you can go wrong with a Sig. While I don't have experience with those specific models I can say that my Sig P226 is the most accurate (for me) of all my larger bore pistols, and my Sig P238 is my favorite pocket-carry pistol. All are reliable, quality is excellent, and I'll buy more Sigs whenever I get rid of those pesky Smiths, Colts, and Berettas..

Drugstore_cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Mandeville
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to go with the p232. It's a great price for a sig and I haven't seen one for sale around me before and I can always get the p320 later. Not to mention that for the money I'll be saving I clan get plenty of ammo and a decent holster.

Drugstore_cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Mandeville
    Update: I got the p232. The problem I have now is the spring that puts tension on the slide catch lever popped out and it doesn't look like I'm going to find it. It's not in stock at any of the online parts websites so it looks like I may have to have one custom made. Does anyone know of a competent gunsmith on the northshore that could machine a small leaf spring?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Update: I got the p232. The problem I have now is the spring that puts tension on the slide catch lever popped out and it doesn't look like I'm going to find it. It's not in stock at any of the online parts websites so it looks like I may have to have one custom made. Does anyone know of a competent gunsmith on the northshore that could machine a small leaf spring?

Contact Bruce Gray at grayguns.com

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom