Here's the pics.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    If I get this done right, these are some of the pics of what happened today. I'm inside sick and then CRASH! The tree goes on past the brush on the left side of pick as it uprooted in the wind. My poor boat.:wtc: And there is a fence involved.:rofl:
    IMG_20160208_142222184_zpsttcmi3w7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_20160208_143358386_zps574ztzws.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_20160208_143505832_zpsdfrnsxkd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_20160208_143619893_zpsf4428aix.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Tornado?

BTW, next boat, quick crete an eye bolt into the ground and chain your trailer through the rim. It helps for theft also.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's now how you lose your guns in a boating accident!

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Check your homeowners' policy too .. some will cover items located on your property. Worth a shot if you don't already have something specific in place for it!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    It's not gonna float like that! Damn -- you can still salvage the motor....and the rear seat -- everything else is toast. Oh, siphon the gas out too!

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I'm not worried about coverage as it was my neighbors tree that fell in a high wind gust. Her insurance will take care of it. And the tree just uprooted kinda like some of the large oaks have done during some heavy storms but they were way back away from everything. I have not walked to the base of the tree yet but guess it did not have a tap root. Yeah it crushed down the steering column and I think bent the frame on the trailer also. Won't know a lot until after her insurance guys come out and we can start removing it. Just a freak accident, but I'm lucky because there are some trees right on the line that can reach my house. There are some huge pines here, got one in the back that is about 100 yards behind my house and probably as big around as my 16" truck tire or bigger.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you call your agent also? After Hurricane Andrew, my agent said the neighbor's policy covered damage to her house from my tree and my policy covered damage to my house from my tree. I don't know how true this is as we found out we had the same insurance company and we let the agents figure it out.
    My present policy covers a boat 14' or less with a motor 25 hp or less no matter where it is. It also covers my atv if I use it mostly for work around the house.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Did you call your agent also? After Hurricane Andrew, my agent said the neighbor's policy covered damage to her house from my tree and my policy covered damage to my house from my tree. I don't know how true this is as we found out we had the same insurance company and we let the agents figure it out.
    My present policy covers a boat 14' or less with a motor 25 hp or less no matter where it is. It also covers my atv if I use it mostly for work around the house.

Going to do that tomorrow tbone, thanks. Was going to today but had other pressing matters that needed dealing with. I used to have Farm Bureau and they always did me well, but not sure about what I have now(Shelter). When moved up here and bought this house, FB would not insure me because it did not have central air and heat. Needless to say was not very happy with them.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I rode my 200cc bike across the GNO today with the wind. 40mph was my highest comfortable speed. It was an experience for sure.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Be glad it fell on the boat and not the house or your vehicle.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Well it looks and sounds like I am SOL!:mad: Ins companies are a scam these days and do everything they can not to pay. This is from the adjusting company guy. Most likely all they will pay for is the removal of the tree. And it would be the same if fell on the house, or if one of my trees fell on her house all my ins would pay for is removal. It is up to the owner to pay the rest. He said he would submit it to the ins company to see what they will do. I already know what it will be! Also called this an "Act of God". Of course they always throw that in to leave themselves an out from paying. If had been a dead tree would have been different.
    But this is not the first tree of theirs to fall this way. There are at least 2 others that fell this way before I bought here. The logs are still laying where they were cut up. The damage to the fence is still there. I guess I can file through mine but with a 1k deductible it is not going to do much good. Years ago when having my tall tower up at the house, I checked to see if my ins would cover if fell on neighbors house and the agent told me yes. I guess times have changed and they just want you to bend over and take it.
    Anybody know who gets the money for removal of the tree??

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Your neighbor has a liability policy that pays for things they are liable for. The tree falling was not their fault (unless it was rotten). Therefore their insurance won't pay.
    Your homeowners insurance has a limit for the size boat it will cover spelled out in the policy. Its often 25hp or under. If your agent knew you had a boat he shoudl have encouraged you to insure it. He could probably tell you on what date he offered it to you if he keeps good records. I'm sure you've taken the time to review all of your insurance with your agent. If you didn't then you're passing on an important feature of having an agent.
    None of that makes it a scam.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    You were told so. It was act of GOD. When the tree crossed the property line it became your tree and problem.
    Well it looks and sounds like I am SOL!:mad: Ins companies are a scam these days and do everything they can not to pay. This is from the adjusting company guy. Most likely all they will pay for is the removal of the tree. And it would be the same if fell on the house, or if one of my trees fell on her house all my ins would pay for is removal. It is up to the owner to pay the rest. He said he would submit it to the ins company to see what they will do. I already know what it will be! Also called this an "Act of God". Of course they always throw that in to leave themselves an out from paying. If had been a dead tree would have been different.
    But this is not the first tree of theirs to fall this way. There are at least 2 others that fell this way before I bought here. The logs are still laying where they were cut up. The damage to the fence is still there. I guess I can file through mine but with a 1k deductible it is not going to do much good. Years ago when having my tall tower up at the house, I checked to see if my ins would cover if fell on neighbors house and the agent told me yes. I guess times have changed and they just want you to bend over and take it.
    Anybody know who gets the money for removal of the tree??

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom