E-file question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    Good evening gents,

When the ATF's e-file site asks for proof of a trust, should I send them my entire trust? What happens when I update trustees? It seems like I need to have a notarized memo that confirms I have a trust, without sending them specific details.

This may have been beat to death already; if so I apologize. New to NFA world.

Thanks in advance!

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    AFAIK, you send the entire Trust, in it's present state as of that filing, whenever you submit forms. For whatever it is worth, when I've used E-Forms in the past I just included a PDF copy of my entire Trust and they all were approved without issue. Also, when I've done paper forms, I just sent xeroxed copies of the whole Trust, again with no issue. Going from memory, I did so on the advice of the attorney who created my particular trust.

Anyway, in the off-chance my experience helps, I thought I'd share said. Perhaps someone can provide "chapter and verse" on the topic. Oh and welcome to NFA firearms. Warning, it can be addicting. :D

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    AFAIK, you send the entire Trust, in it's present state as of that filing, whenever you submit forms. For whatever it is worth, when I've used E-Forms in the past I just included a PDF copy of my entire Trust and they all were approved without issue. Also, when I've done paper forms, I just sent xeroxed copies of the whole Trust, again with no issue. Going from memory, I did so on the advice of the attorney who created my particular trust.

Anyway, in the off-chance my experience helps, I thought I'd share said. Perhaps someone can provide "chapter and verse" on the topic. Oh and welcome to NFA firearms. Warning, it can be addicting. :D

This. Also, be sure to include Attachment A (or whatever your trust's inventory list is called).

Top Bottom