Honey Island Shooting Range REOPENS THIS WEEKEND 3/4/2016

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It was closed, So i decided to go to bayou dragon. The older gentleman at the counter asked if I was shooting any AR pistols, Mac's etc and said they cannot be shot there. I told them I had a few short barrel rifles. He said I couldn't shoot unless I had my paper work with me (I do not carry it with me).

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hahahahaha. You should have said, "what paper work? I'm buying some immigration paper work from a guy in the next few days." Lol.
    I'm surprised they have not shut Dragon Bayou down! Save your time,money and lungs. Just sit tight until Honey Island opens back up.

Kidding aside, it's a good idea to make a copy of your paper work and keep it with your item in the SLIM chance you need to produce it to an agent.

Last edited:

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    We got an email from our Rangemaster on Tuesday of last week stating that the water over the bridge was receding but the road approach to the bridge was scoured out pretty badly. We had hoped to have a crew in there to fill it in and have the range open for this past weekend but unfortunately that didn't happen. All hopes are that it will be open for this coming weekend.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    darn, oh well, eventually the old guy gave in after I showed them the engraving on my rifles, and that I've shot there recently with the same rifles. But says to bring my paperwork next time. Yea I prefer Honey island also, but I have a 3 month old, and finally had a weekend I can sneak away for some Me time.

This old man, was the same one that told me it was illegal to have my SBR about 5 years ago.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    darn, oh well, eventually the old guy gave in after I showed them the engraving on my rifles, and that I've shot there recently with the same rifles. But says to bring my paperwork next time. Yea I prefer Honey island also, but I have a 3 month old, and finally had a weekend I can sneak away for some Me time.

This old man, was the same one that told me it was illegal to have my SBR about 5 years ago.
    That place is ripe with Black Lung! LOL! And I'm a lifetime member. Bought it the week they opened back in the early 90's. Hate to go there though. A few years ago, I had just gotten my ar and wanted to get my irons set up. I was the only one on the line, and they locked up after I left. When I got home, I realized I forgot my front post sight tool sitting on the bench. I called the minute they opened up the next day, and described exactly where it was. The answer? "Nope. Not there." :eek:

Top Bottom