C&R Renewal ATF Form 8 Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jughead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    C&R renewal form 8, Question C.7b asks "how many firearms have you sold or disposed of with your firearms license over the past 3 years? Since a C&R license can ONLY be used to receive an eligible firearm and not to transfer/dispose of one I'm not sure what to put here.
    1. Any eligible C&R firearm disposed of in last 3 years even if obtained before one had a C&R license?
    2. Any eligible C&R firearm previously received with you C&R license and disposed of in last 3 years?
    3. None since a C&R license cannot be used to transfer/dispose of a firearm?
    THANKS

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Unless there was a change. There were times when I would order several of one item and keep the best and sell the rest. These disposals are recorded in my logbook. I would need money and have to sell items bought for my collection with my 03ffl and i would have to list the disposition of these items as sold as required. I believe these are the dispositions the ATF is interested in since the logbook is not viewed on renewal and the atf would like to know if anyone is abusing their 03ffl and using it for business purposes. You can call and ask. If you have never sold any of the firearms purchased with your 03ffl within the past 3 years, zero is your answer.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    ...Since a C&R license can __ be used to receive an eligible firearm and __to transfer/dispose of one I'm not sure what to put here.

2. Any eligible C&R firearm previously received with you C&R license and disposed of in last 3 years?

THANKS

Fixed your first sentence (removed "ONLY" and "not"). Not sure if the sentence was just poorly written or you are confused.

Every C&R eligible firearm acquired after you are licensed must go into your log. If you sell/give away/destroy a logged firearm, you must note where it went in the log. If you sell a C&R firearm acquired prior to being licensed, it is your choice whether or not you want to record it in your log book. So your answer is #2.

Top Bottom