Black Aces Tactical firearm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    They key to this weapon, and where people get hung up, is that they are building these from virgin receivers. This is the key to the loopholes. If he was to take an 870 and do the same thing it would be a SBS.

Ok not to belabor this any more than it already is, but I have a virgin receiver purchased as an "Other". Then I take a pistol length barrel and a vert. grip mate it to my "other" lower do I have an illegal nfa item? Sorry I'm getting to lazy to do my own research.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Again sorry I want to understand whats different and whats ok. So the only difference I see differnce is the Sho-AOW is a non NFA item because it doesnt have rifling and if I did basically the same thing with rifling it would become an NFA item?

Last edited:

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Your receiver is not transferred to you as an 'Other', it is transferred to you as a 'receiver' which is indicated in the 'Type' box 29 section D. 'Other' being selected for question 18 has nothing to do with the firearm's classification. That's just how they break down the NICS and probably mostly has to do with the age difference between purchasing a handgun, long gun or receiver/frame/NFA item/etc..aka "Other".

Here are some definitions of different firearms.

The term *shotgun* means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.

The term *short-barreled shotgun* means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than eighteen inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification or otherwise) if such a weapon as modified has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

The term *rifle* means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

The term *short-barreled rifle* means a rifle having one or more barrels less than sixteen inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

The term *Pistol* means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:
    - a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);
    - and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

1. The Black Aces is not a rifle because it does not have a rifled bore and is not designed to be fired from the shoulder
    2. The Black Aces is not a Shotgun because it is not designed to be fired from the shoulder
    3. The Black Aces is not a Short-Barreled Shotgun because is is not a Shotgun and was not made from a Shotgun (virgin receivers)
    4. The Black Aces is not a Pistol because it is not designed to be operated by one hand
    5. The Black Aces is not an AOW because it is longer than 26" and is not concealed on a person. Concealing the Black Aces on a person would make it an AOW.

If you are really interested in knowing what the difference is and whats OK you should consider reading the ATF regs. It's all there.

Top Bottom