De-priming machine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm looking for a way to quickly de-prime a bunch of cases. Don't want to go with the hand-held de-priming tools.

This is what I want:

But alas, I have a Dillon 550B, not a Loadmaster. Is there a way to rig the Dillon to do this? And I'm not talking about the $270 Dillon case feeder. If I'm going to spend that much, I'll just buy the Loadmaster and have a second press.

Any ideas?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Barb,

if if your not going to add the case feeder than the answer is no. Even on the Lee, it only holds so many cases in the tubes and then you have to stop and refill the tubes. Use a universal decapping die in the 3rd station on your RL-550. You'll have to add cases by hand & it won't be as fast but you won't stop to add cases to tubes. Your not gonna get anything for free but it will be cheaper than buying another press for a limited use.

Bryan

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    In reloading .223 for service rifle my first step is to decap then do the first tumble.

On my 550 I have a sizing die set up where the decap pin is adjusted way long and the die body is set up far up. That way the decap function works but the sizing function doesn't. I prefer to use caliber specific dies for this. Tried the Lee universal decapper die and it just didn't work out for me. With a caliber specific die there is a bit of funneling action to guide the pin to the right spot. With the Lee die the case rattled around a bit and had to fiddle with the shell plate to get it lined up.

The next station on my tool head is the sizing die that actually sizes the case. In operation I take the button out of station 2. Place case in station 1. Run the handle and the case is decapped. Rotate the shellplate. Remove the case in station 2 and place a new case in station 1. Knocks out 100 in just a few minutes.

noylj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    southwest
    I inspect every case. As such, I deprime as part of the inspection process before case cleaning.
    If you don't inspect every case any way, maybe a case collator is what you need.
    You can use the Lee LoadMaster or Pro 1000 with the Lee case feeder and the "plunger" to fill the tubes. A lot faster than filling tubes one case at a time.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just use my ss press. For me quickly isn't a part of reloading.

I want to deprime before cleaning. So, yes, I want to go fast, because I only clean when I have a whole bunch of cases. I only do it a few times a year, and I'll do a bucket at a time. I also don't want to run dirty cases into my "good" depriming/resizing dies.

Make sense now?

usads07

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    New Orleans
    Agree with you barbarossa. I shoot competitive pistol and like to deprime before I clean and then inspect. Clean ammo makes inspection much easier. Also, I like to take my time while I am reloading so I can ensure quality and I do not feel like wasting time while I am depriming the cases. Thanks for the video. I dropped $200 to set mine up and it has saved me countless hours. Thanks again.

ncwg2boatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Obviously late to this thread but I bought the bullet kicker/tray kit from "inlinefabrications.com" They make it for single stage presses. I installed it on my rockchucker and its great. Its an old chucker just for de-priming and now it holds 2 bins to the left of the press. 1 hand on press handle, the other loading a case. It kicks it into the bin every time you bring the ram down. I can de-prime 600+ 223 cases in an hour.

]https://inlinefabrication.com/collections/press-accessories/products/case-ejector-system-for-rcbs-rockchucker-single-stage

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom