1000+ yards?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Ill create a post in the next few weeks about bringing a few members over to my range. I might have to break it up into a few days. I wont be able to host a large group of people at once.

And the only help at first would be to provide your own targets. (preferably steel plates so we don't have to change out paper targets frequently)

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    yeah, but when you talk to nola motorsports park, this is not something full time. it is not open to just " go shoot" . up until 3-4 months ago, Nola had signs up that said " no firearms permitted" . I speak with park personnel regularly, as I have a garage over there. until i hear the park staff confirm any sort of range, it falls into the vaporware file. right now they confirm absolutely nothing. as far as I've been able to tell, they only allow shooting at the park as part of the nolatac courses. there is nothing even remotely oriented to long range shooting on nolatac's website. the only inclination that it is "real" is what is on the nolatac facebook page. Knowing what i know, i don't trust it until i see and confirm for myself that it is actually happening.

As a correction... Eymard's actually now has a shooting tower and i believe have completed their extension to the range. IIRC , you can push out to 980 yds or so from the tower. the tower is only for people that the RO is familiar with. you'll have to prove your mettle to the RO before being allowed to hit the tower. I cant remember what the extra charge is for tower access though.

Eymard's is clean, well organized and the staff are some of the friendliest and most professional that you'll ever meet. I can't say enough great things about the folks that staff the place.

Yeah, as I understand it, it will not be a "public" range perse, as in you can just go shoot whenever you want, but they are planning to specifically have memberships for the "long range" part with hopes to eventually open it up to more people once the range gets settled in. I think it is more designed for LEO/MIl training and some of the corporate type events that the park puts on. They are also planning to try and host as many different shooting sports as possible to -- IDPOA/3-Gun/ etc.

I know they have berms being put up right now, so the range is a definite, it is just to wait and see what kind of access they will have.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom