Cancer update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    It's been a long road, back in January one of the tumors ruptured my small bowel and I spent two weeks inpatient gutted like a fish.

Finally got started on Keytruda the beginning of February. I've received four treatments so far. The tumor in my neck disappeared two weeks after the first treatment.

I had a PET scan Tuesday and the oncologist called me yesterday with the results. There is no sign of the tumors, they are completely GONE! Kaput. AWOL. That new drug (Keytruda) is a game changer. It turned a terminal illness into a minor ailment. They have tried it on several other types of cancer and it's killed them all. As long as your immune system is working you have an excellent chance of beating the cancer.

Looks like I'll be around fixing Lewis pans for years to come!

Many thanks for all the prayers!

Doug

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Great news... Mind me asking what hospital or Dr? My technicians father was just diagnosed with cancer. And personally they went for convenience (closest dr to them) vs best dr for them.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    And I complained about the flu all week -- I'll shut the hell up!!! Wow, Doug you've been down one heck of a bumpy road, glad to hear when cancer gets beat!! Take Care.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Great news glad to here you are doing good. my brother in law is in the hospital right now with colon Cancer and in his liver

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom