Need Idea - Practical Joke

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So, one of my really good friends played a very assholeish practical joke on my girlfriend and I tonight. Revenge shall be glorious. I have about two weeks till I'll see him and have plenty of time to plan something epic.

I have a few ideas, but I am open to suggestions. Nothing illegal or that includes major damage to property. Other than that, let's hear some stories / plotting! :]

UPDATE:
    I've got a phone number setup that auto-redirects to him. If anyone wants it, PM me or reply here and you are welcome to do whatever you wish with it.

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    Garden sprayer filled with round-up. Write some choice words on his front lawn under the cover of darkness and wait a week for a reaction. Slow but sweet revenge!

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When I turned forty, my best friend put a huge sign on the passenger side of my truck that read "old fart". I drove all the way to work with it and wondered why everyone on the road kept looking at me. I didn't find it till I left work at the end of the day. Still haven't gotten him back for that.

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Put long heavy duty zip ties on his driveshaft, it does no damage and the noise sounds like a major failure. If nothing else he gets dirty crawling under the car or ends up at a shop looking like a fool.

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    To give good advice on retaliation we NEED to know what he did and the extent of the embarrassment that was inflicted.

I'm old school when it comes to pranks...Some of my personal favorites is zip ties on the driveshaftIs and magnetic/sticky weights on the rims..is it childish? Sure, but dang it's funny when they leave a party and they start, stop , get out and look around and repeat.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    go to the Jehovah witness website, Mormon website, Scientology website, ect. and ask for a home visit at times he would likely be home. Try to get them to all come within an hour or so, best if two get there at the same time.

Last edited:

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    A short 3-4 foot piece of logging chain padlocked to the frame of their vehicle with the loose end laying in the frame rail. They will make at least a couple miles before it bounces out and makes a bunch of racket. Now comes the fun part of driving around looking for a cutting torch, grinder, bolt cutters to get the lock off.

I agree we need to know his prank to get the correct payback.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    This April fools day I ran a wire from my cousins tail light to his horn so every time he hit the brakes his horn sounded.
    Stole it from Top Gear.
    Glitter packages also suck to clean. Take a pound if glitter dump it into a tshirt or towel fold it up and send it to the victim. Once he opens the gift and holds up the shirt, lots of little sparkles everywhere, that don't exactly clean up easily either.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    simple -- go to AutoZone and buy a 3 pack of the "Black Ice" tree air fresheners. Take one out and hang it on his rear-view mirror. THAT is the decoy. Take the other TWO and put one in his glove box and one under the passenger seat.

He will think that removing the obvious one will remove the over bearing smell -- but little does he know you planted 2 more that he doesn't know about!! SO for about 2-3 weeks he will have to deal with what he THINKS is just residual smell from the decoy.

Enjoy!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    So, one of my really good friends played a very assholeish practical joke on my girlfriend and I tonight. Revenge shall be glorious. I have about two weeks till I'll see him and have plenty of time to plan something epic.

I have a few ideas, but I am open to suggestions. Nothing illegal or that includes major damage to property. Other than that, let's hear some stories / plotting! :]

Not knowing the situation makes it a little hard.

One thing is to put something that smells in his car. If you can suspend it from the bottom of his seat so that he can't see it, it becomes way harder to locate.
    I like CatCam's decoy method too.

In a house same deal, under fridge, inside computer, curtain rod.

Instead of the zip tie on the drive shaft tape a weight. No noise just imbalance. Still need to be safe and make sure the weight does not come loose.

Bottom line is fun is fun but be really sure nobody get's hurt.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I like them so far. The glitter one has already been played on him by someone else we are friends with. I might try to find a way to make it more epic though.

So he lives about 120 miles north of here and is in med school at the moment. He told me yesterday morning that he was in town and we needed to hang out tonight or go shooting tomorrow. All day one of our mutual friends was snapchatting pictures of her and him to me. Around 8pm he told us that they were having friends over at our friend's place and we should come pop by. So, after changing plans and figuring out a way to make time, the girlfriend and I head over there around 10pm to get there and find out that no one is there. They were up in MS the whole time and were sending very specific snapchats (pictures) to make it look like they were here. So we wasted about 45 minutes driving and a good bit of other wasted time just for no one to be there.

He lives in an apartment up in MS and is very, very into biking and running. Next time he comes here (in about two weeks) I am going to find a way to ensure he doesn't return to Jackson with the front wheel to his bike (which usually is in the back of his car when he puts his bike in the back seat).

The zip-tie idea is good, but he knows NOTHING about cars and wouldn't try to fix it himself. I may try it though just to see how it goes.

Keep 'em coming guys. Whether they happen or not, this has the potential to be a hilarious thread haha!

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I like them so far. The glitter one has already been played on him by someone else we are friends with. I might try to find a way to make it more epic though.

So he lives about 120 miles north of here and is in med school at the moment. He told me yesterday morning that he was in town and we needed to hang out tonight or go shooting tomorrow. All day one of our mutual friends was snapchatting pictures of her and him to me. Around 8pm he told us that they were having friends over at our friend's place and we should come pop by. So, after changing plans and figuring out a way to make time, the girlfriend and I head over there around 10pm to get there and find out that no one is there. They were up in MS the whole time and were sending very specific snapchats (pictures) to make it look like they were here. So we wasted about 45 minutes driving and a good bit of other wasted time just for no one to be there.

He lives in an apartment up in MS and is very, very into biking and running. Next time he comes here (in about two weeks) I am going to find a way to ensure he doesn't return to Jackson with the front wheel to his bike (which usually is in the back of his car when he puts his bike in the back seat).

The zip-tie idea is good, but he knows NOTHING about cars and wouldn't try to fix it himself. I may try it though just to see how it goes.

Keep 'em coming guys. Whether they happen or not, this has the potential to be a hilarious thread haha!

FWD cars need zip tie around an axle shaft; a pair of vise grips on rubber fuel line works good too

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom