Please Delete

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lchauvin88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2016
    MARRERO, LA
    -
    Hi all. Im new here but not new to gun ownership. Im in a bit of a pickle so Ill make this to the point.

Im in the process of applying for my concealed carry permit from the state of Louisiana. Ive taken the course and am ready to submite my papers. However, due to having been prescribed antidepressants in 2014 I have to check yes to a question on the application. Leading to me needing a medical disposition from my primary care doctor.

I placed a call to his office, Roger Cook, M.D. and the receptionist had informed me that he would not fill out the form for me, previous to which she asked why I needed to. I informed that it was for this purpose. So, I was given an appointment with his partner as they share an office. Today, I was called an hour before my appointment saying that the other doctor, Dr. Acosta will not fill out the form for me. As one of the questions on it asks how long he/she has been treating me and because he isnt my primary, he cannot do it. So I informed the nurse that dr. Cook refused to fill out the form and thats why I was given an appointment with his partner. In a nutshell, I was told sorry we cannot help you.

So. What do I do now? Has anyone had this happen and what steps should I take next?

Thanks

Last edited:

lchauvin88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2016
    MARRERO, LA
    Ok Ill call tomorrow ask about it. Didnt realise it was a CHP and not a CCP.

On the chance I need a dr to do the form still, anyone can reccomend a dr whos pro 2nd amendment in the NOLA area?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ok Ill call tomorrow ask about it. Didnt realise it was a CHP and not a CCP.

On the chance I need a dr to do the form still, anyone can reccomend a dr whos pro 2nd amendment in the NOLA area?

Yes it's kind of a running joke about all the names people call it. But the real name is a Concealed Handgun Permit. CHP

The question about a Dr. I can't answer that one but does it have to be the Dr. that gave you the meds and treated you?

Top Bottom