Henry Rifles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    I've seen the new henry lever action rifles. I would really like one chambered in 44 mag. What is the expert opinion of these rifles in general? Are they accurate and dependable? I've had a marlin 35 cal for 40 years and love that gun. Taken many deer under 150 yards. Is the henry comparable to the marlin?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Love the small bore rifles.. have one in 22.
    I think they are pretty good and 44 mag is a great choice, just remember its still a pistol caliber in a rifle .. so it will not be doing what I rifle caliber does in speed or damage..

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I also have a Henry .22 lever.
    Dropped it and broke the front sight.
    Emailed the company about purchasing a replacement and the owner of the company replied in a few hours.
    Sent me a new sight for free- and it arrived on my doorstep thw next day.
    Great rifle, impressive customer service.
    Don't think you can go wrong with a Henry rifle.

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    They are crazy fun! I bought my son a youth model 22lr. I think I have more fun with it than he does. Crazy accurate as well. I want to add many more to the collection, but you just never see them used and I rarely buy new guns.

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    Looked at several, workmanship seems top notch and very smooth action. It's noticeable especially when comparing other brand lever action rifles side by side.

OggieO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    My nephew just bought one for Christmas. It looks good and is accurate. The only thing I don't like is the tube magazine. I have a Marlin 1894 Cowboy in 45 Colt. It is also very accurate and load through a gate in the side of the receiver, which is more traditional. Henry or Marlin, you really can't make a bad choice wit either one. It boils down to what you can afford to spend and what your personal preference is.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I have the "Golden Boy" in 44 Mag. and another in 22 cal. I kept the 44 mag and gave the 22 to my son to pass down to my grandson as he grows old enough. I am not a very good marksman so either is more accurate than I. But both are fun to shoot and do so smoothly and accurately according to my son.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    The golden boy 22 was my first 22 rifle. It has taken countless squirrels, rabbits and cans with open sights over the years. I'd always wanted and finally bought the Big Boy 45 LC last year. It's a blast to shoot. Got it in WY while I was up there on a prairie dog hunt, and it was responsible for several kills from 5 to 80 yards with irons. I'm a big fan of Henry rifles.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I have a henry is 22 and a Rossi in 38/357. There is no comparison in the fit and finish and action. The henry is nicer looking, has a higher grade wood, and the action is 10x smoother than the Rossi. If I had it to do all over again I'd save up the extra few hundred $$$ and buy the henry 38/357.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom