Recommendation on Pepper Spray

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Exactly. Might feel a shock but he won't get the overload to his system that causes him to "lock up". I don't want to get hit with a 2" or 2ft spread regardless lol

Or wrestle a sweaty 300 pound psychotic, naked guy freshly covered with pepper spray on a tile floor for that matter. I only had one of his feet and if it weren't for the two officers using some secret, magic joint lock, we would have never got the leathers on him.

fun fact. Make sure you have ALL of the pepper spray washed off before you go to the bathroom!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My son got sprayed with Freeze+P in the Academy . He told me he would rather be Tazed . You get over the effects quicker . I saw him about 3 hrs after he had been sprayed and he was still burning .

Drummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    NELA
    I'm in a similar situation as the OP. Although my wife has her CHP, due to work restrictions she cannot carry. Are there any legalities or restrictions on pepper or tazer carry?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    fun fact. Make sure you have ALL of the pepper spray washed off before you go to the bathroom!

I had the opportunity to assist with a patient that the local PD dropped off at a hospital after they had pepper sprayed him. He was on synthetic marijuana, very paranoid and combative. I assisted just enough to get a little pepper spray on my hands. I found this fun fact to be very true.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    That's what I bet it was, the spread. He hit him at about 5-6' away maybe even closer? Perhaps didn't get enough distance to spread out?

Ideal spread is 18+ inches between the barbs. That is 8-10 with the X2 and 6-8 ft with the x26. That is actual distance from ECD to violator not body to body because an arm is easily 3ft extended. Any spread under 18 inches will just be pain compliance. Anything over is muscle disruption.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What is entailed in getting her a taser as far as the legalities of her carrying it etc? I haven't even thought of it as a option but would like to know more.

Same as pepper spray. It is not a firearm. The probes are fired via an electrical charge deploying the probes utilizing a compressed gas (nitrogen I believe). As far as I have seen there is no legislation specifically addressing or classifying an ECD, such as a taser branded device.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    And Academy or most gun stores sell them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I had the opportunity to assist with a patient that the local PD dropped off at a hospital after they had pepper sprayed him. He was on synthetic marijuana, very paranoid and combative. I assisted just enough to get a little pepper spray on my hands. I found this fun fact to be very true.

Also, at that point it seemed like the more I washed my junk the more it burned!

Ideal spread is 18+ inches between the barbs. That is 8-10 with the X2 and 6-8 ft with the x26. That is actual distance from ECD to violator not body to body because an arm is easily 3ft extended. Any spread under 18 inches will just be pain compliance. Anything over is muscle disruption.

Makes perfect sense now. I always wondered how he just shrugged that off.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    One of the Larger LE agencies in the area issues Saber Red, it was nicked named Satans Urine by some that were exposed to it. I much rather be Tased.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    New Orleans doesn't seem to like stun guns.

Sec. 54-339. - Sale, purchase, possession, use of specified instrumentalities prohibited.
    It shall be unlawful for anyone knowingly to:

(1)
    Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sandclub, metal knuckles, switchblade knife or spring knife, iron buckle, zip gun or stungun;
    (2)
    Set a spring gun; or
    (3)
    Use any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the noise of any firearm, rifle or shotgun.
    (Code 1956, § 42-55)

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    New Orleans doesn't seem to like stun guns.

Sec. 54-339. - Sale, purchase, possession, use of specified instrumentalities prohibited.
    It shall be unlawful for anyone knowingly to:

(1)
    Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sandclub, metal knuckles, switchblade knife or spring knife, iron buckle, zip gun or stungun;
    (2)
    Set a spring gun; or
    (3)
    Use any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the noise of any firearm, rifle or shotgun.
    (Code 1956, § 42-55)

A Taser is not a stun gun. A stun gun is only pain compliance.
    And it says "metal knuckles" how about these plastic ones?
    0bdb395adfee1b8c4509085c2e0669fc.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Girlfriend had her pepper spray taken at a sporting event (it was on her keychain). She needs more and the one that I keep in my car (Freeze +P) is about to expire. Any updated recommendations? I looked at the Vexor stuff, but it looks like they differentiate what they sell non-LEO and LEO. I'd like the best that non-LEO can purchase and would love some advice.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    How does the Freeze +P compare to Sabre Red?

They both suck equally as bad, having been exposed to and sprayed by both. The decontamination process with Sabre red is simpler and easy, but you're not spraying yourself so that really isn't an issue. Sabre really does feel like fire straight out of Satan's ass!:flamed:

Top Bottom