I'm taking a trip to Grand Isle today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I have the rare day off with absolutely no obligations so I'm going to Grand Isle. Is there something there that I must see or, more importantly, a place there where I must eat? And of course is there a lgs on the way from New Orleans in which I need to look around?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm at our camp today so I won't be eating anywhere but they do have a restaurant called the Hurricanee Hole that I hear is good. It's on the left hand side as you are going down the island. It's new and has a vibrant paint scheme so it's easy to find. Then a little further down you have the starfish which sells lots of different foods and then a little further down is Jim bobs or something like that that has great burgers and poboys. The hurricane hole is the most expensive and the other two are more reasonable. The two marinas on each end of the island has food also but it's a little pricey (13.00 for a poboy). The marinas are where the people are at, so its fun to see what people are catching. It's as calm as can be right now but the temp is rising quickly. Enjoy your time on the island.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I hope the got all the pogies cleaned up or you won't feel like eating much.
    I usually eat at the marina or the starfish but taste can be altered when eating after 8 hours on a boat, everything tastes amazing!

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Pogies are cleaned up. Went to the beach yesterday and all was well. Now if we could just get the a hole beach goers to quit littering the beach. It still amazes me that people will leave all of their bottles, cans, food, diapers, tents, and just about anything you can imagine on the beach for someone else to clean up. I know it's not everyone, but it's enough people to make the beach look like a third world country. I clean the public road by my camp, but I'd have to have a tractor with a front end loader on it to pick up the junk on the beach. Oh, did I say I love Grand Isle and Jo Bobs.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Ha, I picked up a can on the pier and tossed it in the can . . . 20 feet away.
    That burger was better than it had to be, for sure.

Well, went as far as I could go.
    RipvUHm.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom