ALG 6 second mount glock holster.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So after about a year of not being able to find a holster for my glock 34 with 6 second mount, a forum member tipped me off to a local guy that makes holsters. The only holsters you can find (almost all with a 6 week lead time) are for glocks with lights on them. The ONLY place I could find a non-light mounted glock was vigilance tactical, but they have been out of stock and not taking orders on that one for the longest time. So I decided to give Leo a try.

Well here she is:

81E08288-1AFA-4FF7-A5E1-8475A38A801B_zpswenje8kq.jpg

9AB1ABAD-06CF-4BDB-8FFF-7F3F480D8E1B_zpsdlntcyuh.jpg

CC1EA9D0-95F4-42BD-9EAB-173753AB487A_zpshf5lem8j.jpg

4A9626A5-606B-4217-B66D-7DB30BD6E998_zpsft7isg3k.jpg

70301BEA-B93A-4CB4-80FC-C33842F7B888_zpsvjet6jzl.jpg

Overall I'm completely satisfied, this is not something he has ever made, and worked with me on ALL the things I wanted, like not covering the front of the sight like the "bucket of justice" does, and not being bulky like some of the kydex holsters with a bunch of eyelets all around. And I also chose the blade tech belt loop b/c it fits my DAA belt. The tek-lok couldn't close and be secured on such a thick belt. All edges are smooth and rounded.

I don't know if the guy has a website or plans to do tons of holsters, but I wouldn't hesitate to ask him to make another one for me. Especially if you have a gun that's hard to find a holster for. Like a RMR equipped pistol.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Nice. That requires some serious blocking, lol. Just curious, the flat hood looking thing I front of the sight and on top of the slide. What is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Blast shield. Not so much of a problem if mounted on a glock 34, but on a 17 or 19 with the barrel being shorter, i guess it can be an issue.

Here's my brother's setup on a pair of 17's (gen 3 and 4, micro and RMR) Want to say he's the first to have the gen 4 magwell.

D6E8F903-4841-4487-82BA-E006483F31E7_zpsgzxxpaio.jpeg

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So I decided to give Leo a try.

I don't know if the guy has a website or plans to do tons of holsters, but I wouldn't hesitate to ask him to make another one for me.

Looks pretty damm good. I'm gonna get Leo to knock out as much custom stuff for me as possible before he gets slammed with orders. He is a great person to deal with!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Looks pretty damm good. I'm gonna get Leo to knock out as much custom stuff for me as possible before he gets slammed with orders. He is a great person to deal with!

What did you have in mind? I think I'm pretty much covered since I have holsters for just about everything I own (HK's, Glocks, M&P's, XD's, FNP etc) but the 6 second mount was the only one that was a PITB to find a holster for.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    What did you have in mind? I think I'm pretty much covered since I have holsters for just about everything I own (HK's, Glocks, M&P's, XD's, FNP etc) but the 6 second mount was the only one that was a PITB to find a holster for.

Couple IWB holsters, mag pouches, a new TDI sheath I will never be done buying holsters it's kinda of a sickness lol.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    That's why I make my own :D

I was gonna start making them but been way too busy to get started. I have boxes of stuff that hasn't even been opened I go back and fourth on selling it or just holding on to it for the day I may have time for another hobby.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you want to make IWB holsters, all you need is some foam and a way to heat the kydex (heat gun or toaster oven). If you discount the actual time spent waiting for the press to cool down and the finishing time, it only takes a few seconds to actually take the hot kydex, wrap it around the gun, and press it. Finishing time takes the longest, and if you have a buffer and scroll saw or band saw, you can cut the time by a substantial amount.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If you want to make IWB holsters, all you need is some foam and a way to heat the kydex (heat gun or toaster oven). If you discount the actual time spent waiting for the press to cool down and the finishing time, it only takes a few seconds to actually take the hot kydex, wrap it around the gun, and press it. Finishing time takes the longest, and if you have a buffer and scroll saw or band saw, you can cut the time by a substantial amount.

I have all the shop tools so that's no problem. All I really had left was to buy was a heat press.

As of now the following is just sitting in boxes:
    1)g19 gen 4 mold
    1)g19 double mag mold
    1)g19 single mag mold
    4)12"x24" sheets kydex
    4)12"x24" maxx foam
    100)#8-9 1/4" eyelets
    4)#8 kydex drill bits
    1)CKK #8 eyelet dies
    1)CKK rivet/eyelet press

My issue is more along the lines of not enough hours in the day to get everything done as it is lol.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You're good to go then.

Once you have everything set up, you can easily make a few "shells" and leave them be for when you get free time. That's typically what I will do, especially since it's so hot during the summer, and standing in front of a heat source in a 100* garage isn't fun.

Top Bottom