Chicken Etouffee!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

Have you ever cooked something or had something that was soooo....... good you overate it? Well, I did just that this evening. Actually I cooked this yesterday for dinner this evening. Some things are just so much better the next day. This was chicken etouffee. I wanted to cook something a little different from my usual repertoire so I decided to make a chicken etouffee. Let me say that I am lucky to be have a friend in the food service distribution industry so on occasion I get an email of what's basically on clearance that is at a very nice price. Yesterday I cooked 10 pounds of boneless/skinless chicken thighs as both a meal for last night and for tonight(or rather this weekend). Lol........ Yesterday's cook/dinner was 10 grilled thighs with homemade baked beans and some leftover new potatoes that I made into a sort of awesome potato hash.

DSC09445.jpg

I also had this etouffee cooking while I was grilling the thighs. I started with the roux and added the onions, celery and bell peppers the chicken base and water then let that simmer a bit while I sort of fried a the seasoned and flour dredged chicken thighs.

DSC09437.jpg

After adding the chicken I let it simmer a bit more.

DSC09442.jpg

Tonight I made some frsh jasmine rice and made a plate that I thought I wouldn't be able to finish but this stuff was sooooo..... good I HAD to eat it. Had some field peas left from the other night along with a fresh creole tomato that I dressed with simple oil and vinegar and Killer Tomato seasoning. THAT is some good stuff!!!!
    Oh, this would've been fantastic with some homemade rolls but I made do with some buttered Bunny bread. Lol........

DSC09450.jpg

DSC09453.jpg

Top Bottom