Hi - New, interested in the best ranges for pistol and rifle target shooting, BR Area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BullseyeB4Combat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    Hi - New, interested in the best ranges for pistol and rifle target shooting, BR Area. Also, if anyone knows if there are any groups that shoot regularly. Thanks- Charles

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well, welcome to Bayou Shooter.
    What kind of shooting are you looking for? If you look up Louisiana Shooting Assoc. or Lagator.org, you can find all kinds of shooting. From mid-range rifle to USPSA and Bullseye. Just gotta look. If you can't find what your looking for send me a PM and I'll get you info on matches, practice session and ranges in the area.

Beauxdog

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I'm not familiar with the BR area, but here in St. Tammany we have a nice range in Honey Island. It would be a bit of a drive from BR, couple hours at least, but you might visit it at least once if you have the chance. It does require you get a wildlife license of some sort as it's on Wildlife Management Area land, but you can get a line & hook license for $3 at Walmart or Academy on your way. Otherwise, it's just $6 for the day to shoot there and the people and facilities are really nice. It's a great experience, open Fri-Sun. Otherwise, I'm looking to hear about more out your way to maybe visit.

Top Bottom