Which one of you idiots...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    left your XD 45 on the bench?

Mandeville Police are trying to determine how a loaded handgun came to be abandoned in front of a park bench on the Mandeville Lakefront in the area of Wilkinson Street.
    Shortly after 8:00am this morning a Mandeville Patrol Officer was dispatched to Lakeshore Drive to investigate the found gun report. The gun, a loaded Springfield Armory XD 45 caliber pistol was found lying in the grass in front of a park bench.
    The responding officer seized and processed the weapon for further investigation. A National Crime Information Center (NCIC) check showed that the weapon has not been reported stolen as of yet.
    A follow-up investigation will be conducted consisting of an ATF trace to determine ownership as well as the test firing at the appropriate facility to determine if the firearm has ever been used in a crime.
    If anyone has any helpful information as it pertains to this incident they are asked to call the Mandeville Police Department at (985) 626-9711.

13494778_1048819771873564_2826427628673869421_n.jpg

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Looks like a promo add for a liberal "How to carry a weapon in a safe condition". Looks like the PD has a surgeon that stitched it up so it wouldn't run out of the station and go on a killing spree. I can't believe an unattended pistol didn't go out and murder hundreds of people. I call BS!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Looks like a promo add for a liberal "How to carry a weapon in a safe condition". Looks like the PD has a surgeon that stitched it up so it wouldn't run out of the station and go on a killing spree. I can't believe an unattended pistol didn't go out and murder hundreds of people. I call BS!
    I just realized it's a Springfield. Most people just trade or sell them to buy a Glock. I guess this person figured he would leave it for someone who didn't know any better.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    ATF will run a trace... Like, back track the background check from the 4473...?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    ATF will run a trace... Like, back track the background check from the 4473...?

Exactly what I was thinking. if the firearm hasn't been purchased recently, how would they be able to find out who it belongs to? Any LEO or FFLs know the answer?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Exactly what I was thinking. if the firearm hasn't been purchased recently, how would they be able to find out who it belongs to? Any LEO or FFLs know the answer?

FFL's keep records for 20 years.

Check serial number.
    Call Springfield Armory, find out what FFL is was distributed to.
    Go to FFL and check records.
    Records show who filled out the 4473.
    Get in contact with that guy/girl.

If the original owner sold it, they can play nice and assist the police by telling them who it was sold to.

Last edited:

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA

Springfield tells the ATF which distributor it was sold to, they give the dealer info, dealer gives purchaser info, somebody has some explaining to do.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    well dam if you don't want your firearms just PM me here and I will pick them up. No need to leave them all alone on a park bench

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    FFL's keep records for 20 years.

Check serial number.
    Call Springfield Armory, find out what FFL is was distributed to.
    Go to FFL and check records.
    Records show who filled out the 4473.
    Get in contact with that guy/girl.

If the original owner sold it, they can play nice and assist the police by telling them who it was sold to.

Then, a phony liberal anti-gun agenda driven democrat douche can point to it as an example of how easy it is to get un-registered, paper trail-less guns. Of course, all the while discounting that the "person" who left the gun there IS the problem part of the equation. And, since it will most likely make the news in some way shape or form, they (being mostly phony douches themselves), will perpetuate the lie, and slant the story to point to the 2nd Amendment somehow being the problem.

Dummy that deserted gun will walk into the sunset, and not bare any responsibility, except the personal monetary loss (if any), and only(to perpetuate the inherent BS joke), unless he paid for it from Bayou Shooter for more than it was worth NIB. ;)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dummy that deserted gun will walk into the sunset, and not bare any responsibility, except the personal monetary loss (if any), and only(to perpetuate the inherent BS joke), unless he paid for it from Bayou Shooter for more than it was worth NIB. ;)

It's a win-win situation for everyone. He/she got rid of that clunker, and we have one less crap gun off the streets :D

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I just realized it's a Springfield. Most people just trade or sell them to buy a Glock. I guess this person figured he would leave it for someone who didn't know any better.

Could be a ghost gun that was purchased off the internet and shipped right to the door of the buyer that is on the no fly list.

:bowrofl:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So, which is worse, leaving your child in the car for a few hours, or this? After the child died a few weeks ago the media talked about how sad it was, but you shouldn't beat yourself up over it to bad! After all we're only human and have a lot on our minds

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I see it was left in front of a park bench, maybe some one was getting freaky, had a discharge of another kind and drop his drawers along with his "piece" :mamoru:

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    What's wrong with an XD
    I thought a lot of people liked them

Fan boy stuff. I shoot a XD and a Glock, like them both, never an issue with either. Think Chevy vs Ford... that kind of thing

Anyway, Jesus... some people just don't pay attention. How do you drop a full frame XD45 and not notice it?

Top Bottom