Quiet Suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have a omega 762 on order, they claim it is one of the quietest, idk, I don't have any experience with them other than specs and db ratings.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    From what I've experienced, the Sig Sauer 762 suppressors are pretty hard to beat for the price. Of course the Specwar 762 is the supposed king...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    the omega 762 beats the specwar in weight,length,and sound,

Omega
    Weight 14oz
    Length 7"
    .300 119.5db
    556 130.1

Specwar
    Weight 24 oz
    Length 9"
    300 119.9db
    556 130.2

But with the added weight I'm sure the specwar is more "heavy duty" but they both have lifetime warrenty,both full auto rated, I decided to go with 10oz lighter and 2" shorter plus it has a muzzle brake style end on suppressor acts like a muzzle brake so claimed

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    Red Leader

You didn't say what kind of rifle you were going to use. This makes a lot of difference
    An AR or any auto is going to make a lot more noise than a locked breech such as a bolt gun

I have an AR, 8.5"bbl SBR in 300BLK for a dedicated sub-sonic gun with an Omega. It's loud, depending on what you call loud I suppose. A feeder going off while you're sitting in a deer stand early in the morning sounds like the world is comming apart.

Before the Omega, it had a SpecWar 762. I thought it was a lot quieter but it made the SBR longer than what I wanted and more front heavy than what I wanted

I moved the SpecWar to a 14.5"bbl(pinned and welded brake) AR in 300BLK for super sonic loads. You'll get the sonic crack so it'll be loud no matter what. Strange the extra length and weight doesn't make it ungainly.

You really need to find someone such as Us Infidel and try out his Omega on your rifle. I have no idea what your expectations are. You may really like it, or not

Any suppressor, rifle, handgun or anything else is a compromise of weight, power, performance, length, intended use, etc....

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    To get
    300BLK as quiet as possible.
    There are two other things to consider.

1) the type of gun you are going to be shoot.
    Bolt action & single shots are going to be ALOT quieter, and a AR or semi-auto rifle.

2) the choices of ammo you are going be using.
    Subs sonic ammo or NON-subs.

3) is this your only 30_cal rifle?
    4) do you plain on using this on any other rifle? ( 5.56 ??)
    Maybe consider, one with different end_caps that way you can use in all your other rifles.

I have a SilincerCo, OSPREY_45
    And it is rated for 300_BLK sub loads.
    Just waiting on the barrel to get here.
    300_rounds of ammo, and no gun for it....

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    People are always caught up on DB, which isn't necessarily bad. But you fail to understand how suppression work. You can have a can that meters at 129 and sounds like 140+, I would be more concerned with the tone of a suppressor over the DB rating. Which oddly enough isn't a number people publish.

That being said I would skip the Omega as they are a relatively light duty suppressor that the outer tube can unscrew and cause a warranty return, the SIG suppressors mentioned above is a welded baffle stack that has had weld failure problems.

The best suppressors on the market to look into and not worry about price because in the end it'll last forever is the Dead Air Sandman, and the Rugged Surge.
    The Specwar is also a very good option if you are in the QD suppressor market.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    People are always caught up on DB, which isn't necessarily bad. But you fail to understand how suppression work. You can have a can that meters at 129 and sounds like 140+, I would be more concerned with the tone of a suppressor over the DB rating. Which oddly enough isn't a number people publish.

That being said I would skip the Omega as they are a relatively light duty suppressor that the outer tube can unscrew and cause a warranty return, the SIG suppressors mentioned above is a welded baffle stack that has had weld failure problems.

The best suppressors on the market to look into and not worry about price because in the end it'll last forever is the Dead Air Sandman, and the Rugged Surge.
    The Specwar is also a very good option if you are in the QD suppressor market.
    Where did you see that about the Sig suppressors? I've been researching them for a while and haven't seen anything about weld failures.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom