Wait times post 41F

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    What do you mean by notification? Do you mean notifying the sheriff in the area? Do you need some sort of conformation that they got your notification before you submit your paper work? I'm planning on sbr'ing a sig 553 so I even though this is now a PITA, I'll go through it.

I would send the notification "certified w/ return receipt"

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    There is a thread over on ARFcom that they are just now getting through the February submissions. I have an Omega that went Pending March 3rd that I am still waiting for the approval. SO its about 7 months right now. I would think that is going to increase as they get towards the May June and early July deluge.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I have seen some responses on other sites that people are getting approvals for Form 1 suppressors filed in early/mid April.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I just received a Form 4 back on Monday

Went Pending on March 4th
    Approved on September 26th.

MONK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Just to keep guys waiting informed I Filed around Feb 10, 2016 and received my approval on Oct 12, 2016. Buddy of mine filed at a different shop for same model suppressor March 3 and he got his call the day before I did.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    this is especially frustrating considering I sent off my first stamp and would hate to wait all this time to find out something was wrong (I am meticulous but you never know).

Oh well, more time to plan my next one I guess.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Approvals that came in today.

12 approvals came in today. All with the same mail date of 4/18. So that's right at 8 months to get something approved.

By the way, check out our post on this forum. Silencerco and Liberty end of year sale. Order now and be shooting next summer.

Paperwork is ready for ATF to move the gun store to Addis. Hoping for a Feb 1 - 15 opening date.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-202-7843

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    12 approvals came in today. All with the same mail date of 4/18. So that's right at 8 months to get something approved.

By the way, check out our post on this forum. Silencerco and Liberty end of year sale. Order now and be shooting next summer.

Paperwork is ready for ATF to move the gun store to Addis. Hoping for a Feb 1 - 15 opening date.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-202-7843

I sure hope one was mine!!!!!! "all you gotta do is call, and ill be there" lol good song

Top Bottom