Jefferson Indoor Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I had a chance to visit Jefferson Indoor and ask a bunch of questions.

First of all THEY'RE OPEN!!! FINALLY!

1. They're a little more expensive than The Shooters Club by a couple of bucks.
    2. They do have a bunch of handguns to rent
    3. You CAN shoot rifles there, HOWEVER, you can only shoot their rifles... the reason being they need to regulate the types of ammo being put down range in order to protect the range and equipment. They have a number of "Semi-Auto Packages" listed on the website that include ARs, AKs, a Tavor, a Thompson, an M1 Garand, an M1 Carbine, a Sig 556, MP5s, and more. While I was there I saw some idiot shooting 410 rounds from a judge and he had to be given a warning (just because you can shoot it from a pistol, doesn't mean its allowed).
    4. The largest caliber that I've seen is a 30 06 M1 Garand.
    5. They have FULLY AUTOMATIC packages that will be available soon (kindof like the vegas ranges).
    6. You can purchase memberships online
    7. They are about to offer online range reservations
    8. You can shoot pistol caliber rifles (9mm ARs, .45ACP Kriss Vector, .22LR, etc.)
    9. You can bring your own weapons to shoot as well.
    10. Any concealed carry or other training classes are all still held at the Shooters Club.
    11. Gift certificates from the Shooters Club and Jefferson Gun currently do not work for the jefferson Indoor Range... but apparently they're working on that.

I mean the facility is top notch! Everything is new (as long as the shooters are respectful and keep it that way). They're working on a lounge upstairs with a television to view the range... they're going to support bachelor parties, and more!

All in all it was a great visit and I enjoyed the range! All electronic controls.. but I wish it had the ability to rotate the targets for training.

OH, one more thing... If you go, DON'T SMELL LIKE WEED and PULL YOUR PANTS UP!! Especially if there are women in the place. You will promptly be asked to leave. Just an FYI. I saw three sets of people that were politely asked to leave because of an overwhelming smell of marijuana. One guy was asked to pull his pants up... so he did and was allowed to stay.

OH, and one final word... Straw Purchases... I couldn't BELIEVE the number of people that were caught attempting this while I was there. Not even trying to hide it either... SOOO obvious. I mean come on people.

I hope everyone goes and has a great time! People watching is even fun!

From their website...

http://www.jeffersonindoor.com

The Jefferson Indoor Range is located on the corner of Airline Highway and Eisenhower Avenue (near David Drive) in Metairie, Louisiana.

HOURS OF OPERATION:
    MON - SAT: 10AM to 7PM
    SUNDAY: CLOSED

Address: 6719 Airline Dr., Metairie, LA 70003

Phone: 504-218-7822

Email: jeffersonindoorrange@gmail.com

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Just bought my wife a S&W 38 from there last week. Guy even put pink grips on the gun that I bought (for her I swear.) Third gun I purchased from them. Fast, convenient location and as OP said great staff from what I could tell. Have not used their range. Will be doing so within a month or so.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    The facility is very nice, very helpful staff and great selection, one piece of feedback I gave them is sound. When discharging a round the percussion and loudness in that space is extreme. Never experienced quite this much at any other indoor range. They need better baffles or material to absorb sound on the range.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Been there a couple times already. I like their equipment, where you actually set how many yards you want to shoot at. But I agree it's louder than the shooters club. But not as loud as Gretna Gun.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Its pricey. I think I paid $21 for range time and 2 targets (forgot mine on the table...). OTOH, its close to home and its a very nice range. The target hanging system works well and isn't shot up yet. Its clean. Lighting is good. No complaints. I won't be shooting there a lot but its nice to know its there.

I hadn't noticed the noise difference.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I like the new range, and the cost is not cheap but may keep out some shooters yu do not want. Hate that it will keep them out you do want.
    I know when i was last there they ran off some Riff Raff. Was loud but so was the 4 lanes at David Drive. I know I used ti shoot there just since it was empty and liked that. It was loud I know i shot 22 Ruger MK1 then my S&W 5906 9mm then some 38 in the S&W revolver but then got out the S&W 29 8 3/8" 44 and blew some hunting rounds. They guy next to me thought a gun blew up

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom