Yugo SKS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freya

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    New Orleans
    Just wanted to share a pic of my new baby. Picked it up recently from Classic Firearms. She's all cleaned up, oiled and ready to hit the range. Hoping to get out and break her in this weekend. Very pleased with the purchase so far. This is my first SKS and the wood is gorgeous. Also love the ease of take down. SKS.jpg

Freya

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    New Orleans
    Have you tried the 20 round tapco mags on yours? I'm thinking about picking a couple up and have seen mixed reviews online.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I have a 30 round if you need one, but I agree with ak, the fixed mag is hard to beat.
    Another place to be certain of zero cosmo is the firing pin channel.

Freya

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 23, 2016
    New Orleans
    Yeah I picked up a bunch of ammo on stripper clips. Maybe I'll stick with that for now. At some point I do wanna give the other mags a try though. Maybe it's just my paranoia talking but I would like to pick one or two up before I don't legally have the option.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    The tapco 20 round mags are gtg. The rest for the sks are iffy at best.

Stick with tye factory mag. Imo, it's the most reliable and easiset to load.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Yeah I picked up a bunch of ammo on stripper clips. Maybe I'll stick with that for now. At some point I do wanna give the other mags a try though. Maybe it's just my paranoia talking but I would like to pick one or two up before I don't legally have the option.

If you learn to use the strippers, reloads will be faster than using the tapco's.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

If the ammo you are using is corrosive make sure to clean properly after shooting. the only ammo I've purchased already loaded on stripper clips was corrosive.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom