Suspended Permit?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    Ok, so a few weeks ago I was arrested, wrong place wrong time, false arrest that will be dropped according to my lawyer and other attested personnel.

Anyways, as the rules say, you must notify the department of any arrest, misdemeanor or felony, doesnt matter within 15 days of the arrest. I did so within 2 business days and just today I received a mail from the state police saying my permit has been suspended for 3 months and to turn it in within 10 days.

Obviously theres a mistake somewhere, so what can I do in this situation? I have the certified mail receipt from when I mailed off the notification letter; does anyone have the direct number to the department that handles this stuff for concealed carry permits?

Thanks

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    thanks, will do. hopefully i wont have to send my permit in...

damn this arrest... wouldnt be in this mess if some people knew what they were doing :mad:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I know you can go online and put your permit number in and it will tell you wether its active or not, not sure that will help, its in the address change section

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    I know you can go online and put your permit number in and it will tell you wether its active or not, not sure that will help, its in the address change section

just looked it up, and it says suspended... sigh.
    hope this turns out for the better once I call them, because I have the documents and receipts for proof

Last edited:

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    In this great state it has been my understanding an arrest is an arrest. Charges being dropped doesn't remove them from your record. If you pay for them to be expunged then its all gravy. Money racket.

Give them a call at the earliest time you have available. Good luck!!!!!

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    It is my understanding that the 3 month suspension is automatic with any arrest. It does not matter what the charge is or if there is a conviction. The suspension is a "covering the states ass" process. The three months is a cooling off period. At the end of the 3 months, you will have to appeal to have it Re instated. That is my understanding.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    It's none of our business why you were arrested . Take care of your business in private .

Don't be silly. When you put half of a story on an Internet forum, it becomes all of our business. If he wanted his business to be private, we wouldn't be in this thread right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    it's nothing of concern. not domestic or assault either for those who are thinking it is just because I choose not to disclose my information. I'm just simply asking if anyone else has ever had this occur to them and what to do. but for those that must know, it was for contempt from a traffic violation in 2012 that I had no idea about. got pulled over for running a red light and found out then I had a warrant for my arrest for it. from my understanding I had this traffic violation taken cared of from my laywer but obviously I was wrong. but it's ok, he isn't my laywer anymore.

Top Bottom