Chp question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    10 years ago I was arrested for possession Marijuana in mississippi while living in mississippi, misdemeanor under ounce. My uncles are both judges in mississippi and got me out if everything. No charges, no convictions, no probation, everything dropped. Never had a problem on my background check for jobs or purchasing guns. On the chp application it asks if I have been arrested for any criminal offense. Do I need to check yes or no. I'm having problems getting a straight answer of if this is a criminal arrest charge.

Any help appreciated.

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I called pike county sheriffs office and she said it pulls up I was arrested and posted bail. But there is no other info about that. No disposition or anything. Im not even sure if there will be proof of court minutes??

Also will this keep me from getting my chp??

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I called pike county sheriffs office and she said it pulls up I was arrested and posted bail. But there is no other info about that. No disposition or anything. Im not even sure if there will be proof of court minutes??

Also will this keep me from getting my chp??

Potentially. You need to show proof of everything and list it on your application.

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    yea Im going to be the court up there on Tuesday and see what info I can get to upload to my application.

I just want to make sure my submitted application is correct and dont want to falsify this document

sirbiggstixx

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So I talked to Pike Country Justice Court supervisor and she said that if she enters my name it shows an arrest. She also said the charges were non adjudicated, and that when the charges are either expunged or non adjudicated that everything on their end gets erased. She also said that is no statement or anything that she can provide me to upload to my application.

Can anyone help me with this. If I check that I have been arrested, it makes me upload certified court minutes or a letter stating charges were dropped or expunged.

Also tried calling LSP all day and the number was busy everytime.

- - - Updated - - -

So I talked to Pike Country Justice Court supervisor and she said that if she enters my name it shows an arrest. She also said the charges were non adjudicated, and that when the charges are either expunged or non adjudicated that everything on their end gets erased. She also said that is no statement or anything that she can provide me to upload to my application.

Can anyone help me with this. If I check that I have been arrested, it makes me upload certified court minutes or a letter stating charges were dropped or expunged.

Also tried calling LSP all day and the number was busy everytime.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    get an atty isMS and see how MS expungment law work for non filed charges. you may wish to contact the DA's office there to see if they provide an official document that prosecution was declined.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You could always lie and then tell LSP you pulled strings and got it fixed.

AFFIDAVIT of FACT
    STATE OF LOUISIANA PARISH OF ________________________
    Affiant’s Name (Printed)
    Affiant’s Address (Printed)
    I, _________________________, having been duly sworn, depose and say that I have read the foregoing
    application, and the contents thereof, and do hereby certify that my responses and information contained within
    this application are true and correct and they are an accurate account of the requested information. In addition, I
    have also read, understand, and agree to comply with the statutes contained in R.S. 40:1379.3 and 1382, and the
    corresponding administrative regulations contained in LAC 55:I:1301 et seq. I have executed this statement
    voluntarily with the knowledge that any failure to provide truthful information is cause for denial of my
    application or revocation of a permit, and that the making of any false statement or response in this application is a
    violation of R.S. 14:133, Filing False Public Records, a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for not more
    than five (5) years with or without hard labor or a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars, or both.

Print, Type, or Stamp Name of Notary Public Notary Public
    MY COMMISSION EXPIRES _____________________________________

Top Bottom