"The Receipt Squad"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So there's this group on Facebook called "The Receipt Squad", one that can be described from their 'about section' as "If you want to report any Racist, Bigoted, Samboish Receipts from around the Net Post them here. Our Receipt Squad will take care of the rest."

Essentially they scour the internet for people whose comments they don't agree with, send them to their employers, and get them fired.

Let the record show that I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this practice.

What are your thoughts on this practice?

https://www.facebook.com/TheReceiptSquad/

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It is the practice of bottom feeders to play games with another persons job. I do not care about comments posted on some silly unimportant social media page. That page is either run by teenagers or immature adults who never left high school.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Sounds like a group of lowlifes who are trying to find self worth. The kind of people who don't feel they have enough power in their life, and this type of action gives them that feeling of power and control. Kinda like the type of person who gets angry at you for saying the same thing to them as they say to others. That reminds me of a guy on an internet forum; _Mmmmm, but I can't remember his name right now.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    An example of social media gone way wrong. Think about this, someone can perceive a comment or action by another as negative. Then submit to this organization. They wage their campaign, black list em, get them fired, ruin their rep. And perhaps they are innocent?
    Its all about perception. And after reading a few posts on their FB page, some are motivated by pure hate. "F**k those pigs!"
    Guess who they were talking about? BRPD
    This is our world today.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I guess I need to pay more attention to my receipts. If you're dumb enough to put something ignorant on someone's receipt that you know they'll see, then you're just asking to get fired. But, in the case of the person that put "the black couple" or whatever it was, I think people just blew that out of proportion, but the server should have known it could have been taken in the wrong context in today's world. Agree or disagree, people should know better, and hold themselves to a certain standard of professionalism at their work place.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    After reviewing the site: This is why I don't post on FB. It's clearly a BLM support group out to tarnish people. If you put stuff out there in the public eye you open yourself up for ridicule.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    It's their own dumb fault if they are getting fired over posts that others may find offensive.

First don't post that kind of stuff to open/public social media that anyone and everyone can see, if you don't want to be held accountable for it.

AND maybe more importantly, don't post your personal information (like where you work), if you don't want to get fired for saying stupid sh!t.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Not sure what a Receipt is now, I thought you meant something you get back from a store, but guess it's a facebook thing.

I didn't know what the word samboish was, so I guess this group has now created a racist act for making me aware of this word.

Seems another example of how people today just don't know how to mind their own business and are a bunch of cry baby tattle tales. Someone expresses racist views on their facebook? So what? Now you know they are ignorant and not worth your time, stop reading their stuff. You want to post for the whole world to see your racist attitudes? You are an idiot. You want to tell someone's work stupid stuff they posted on the internet? Your a tattle-tale snitch, grow up. It's not criminal to be racist, ignorant or an idiot. My moral code says you don't threaten another mans livelihood unless it is really effin' serious. To many of these HR games in employment today.

Just one more reason that makes me wonder what it is people see in facebook? I'm ready for this big social media to wear off.

Last edited:

Surfmonkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Some people have nothing to do....when did politically correct replace common sense? These are the same people that would tattle on you to the teacher and cry when you took their ball away on the playground...the are just POS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom