RM Holster vs Crossbreed Holster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So for those who have the RM, how is that clip? I've seen some say they feel a loop is the best as there is no way for it to come "unclipped". But I've never seen a clip made this way. I'm curious how well it would work.

It is sometimes difficult to get off of a belt. It ain't budgin!

*Update* I have worn the holster while driving to Houston two weeks ago and to Florida this past weekend. All in all, lots of very long car rides with it and it's not uncomfortable at all.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    It is sometimes difficult to get off of a belt. It ain't budgin!

*Update* I have worn the holster while driving to Houston two weeks ago and to Florida this past weekend. All in all, lots of very long car rides with it and it's not uncomfortable at all.

What position do you wear yours? 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock or ??

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Three o'clock. Best for me. Like Dave said, these are really too deeply made to work well on AIWB. Some will like it, I'm surely. But not everybody. Most folks need much less angle securing... Like 5 degrees at the most... at a AIWB carry.

Five degrees worn at three o'clock will print the butt/magazine through the shirt always by a lot of people. OTOH, that's a perfect mount for those who wear AIWB. What a lot of folks do not realize is that each different carry position needs a different holster.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What holster are you using?

JR1572

Currently the RM holster, but I am considering moving soon to something with more ammo in it, such as G19, M&Pc, or maybe even a G26 with a mag extender (12+1). Not sure yet. I'm still not sure I like Glocks enough to carry one everyday, but I am slowly leaning that way.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Currently the RM holster, but I am considering moving soon to something with more ammo in it, such as G19, M&Pc, or maybe even a G26 with a mag extender (12+1). Not sure yet. I'm still not sure I like Glocks enough to carry one everyday, but I am slowly leaning that way.

If you do get a Glock. This is the one holster you will ever need.

14681705_10154009045130963_6109919735363832949_n.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dave is in love with that holster.

Because it works and it's made by one of the best companies in the business.

The G17 Eidolon is an original. The G19 Eidolon is one I just picked up at Interstate Guns. Same holster, different material. The new Eidolon holsters are very lightweight.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Because it works and it's made by one of the best companies in the business.

The G17 Eidolon is an original. The G19 Eidolon is one I just picked up at Interstate Guns. Same holster, different material. The new Eidolon holsters are very lightweight.

I second all this.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Both are full shields on the inside, because they are both Full Kits.

If you don't get a full kit, you get both sides short or both sides tall.

Raven informed me today I could order the full kit and request what shell I wanted in the comments section and they would fill the order that way "great customer service".

I'm torn if I want the full shield or not.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Raven informed me today I could order the full kit and request what shell I wanted in the comments section and they would fill the order that way "great customer service".

I'm torn if I want the full shield or not.

That's awesome!

Full shield inside makes it easier to clean the sweat. It's so thin and rounded that you won't feel it.

Top Bottom