A little help-- He's Home!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    So long story short, I had to bury my wife's unofficial therapy dog unexpectedly. We found him dead Sunday evening when we got home. He was in seemingly perfect health and 8 years old. Needless to say she is devastated. That lil dog comforted her though all her pain with her ongoing health issues. I got him for her because I couldn't be there all the time working shift, overtime and details trying to make ends meet. Needless to say we are still struggling to keep up and don't have an extra $1000 laying around for a new puppy to train for her. Hence this post and associated GoFundMe. She is really kind of embarrassed about the whole thing but I want to make it happen for her. She is a USMC Vet and former cop, so she's a tough nut to crack, but she puts up with me, and for those of you who know me, you know that's saying something.

Anything you guys could do to help me out would be awesome. I'm trying to make this happen by August 14, her birthday. I sent my last $200.00 on hand from my "Emergency Stash" on a deposit to reserve the lil fuzz ball. I need to cover the rest and travel expenses from Covington to Monreo (gas & hotel room, she can't do 8 hours in a car in one day).

Thanks BS crew..... Even if all you do is check it out.

Hey everyone, I started a GoFundMe campaign: Help bring home Paploo, our new Woo. GoFundMe closed PAPLOO's home!

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My wife and I are old, disabled and neither of us receive a retirement check. Having said that your wife served and is in need and you are serving and I thank each of you for that.
    I will send you a donation and pray that others will do the same.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    PM sent. Bumpin' the thread a bit so the night crew sees it.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Yea, the service is the bait but the pooch is the hook. As already stated, thank both of you for your service. Glad to help!

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    You guys are awesome. We are overwhelmed with you guys' support. She asked why I thought "a bunch of strangers on the internet" that "make you crazy when you're on there" would help..... I told her that she just had to trust me, the BayouShooter family is just like any other big, crazy, dysfunctional family. We may not see eye to eye on everything, but we all get along. Even Dave_M and Whitebread will probably end up having a beer summit post ban!

Thanks guys, again, truly we are grateful. And our service was/is our greatest pleasure. Thank you for your support.

Paploo pic- from the breeder yesterday morning!!
    hfbt4dms724fy926y8h.png

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You guys are awesome. We are overwhelmed with you guys' support. She asked why I thought "a bunch of strangers on the internet" that "make you crazy when you're on there" would help..... I told her that she just had to trust me, the BayouShooter family is just like any other big, crazy, dysfunctional family. We may not see eye to eye on everything, but we all get along. Even Dave_M and Whitebread will probably end up having a beer summit post ban!

Thanks guys, again, truly we are grateful. And our service was/is our greatest pleasure. Thank you for your support.

Paploo pic- from the breeder yesterday morning!!
    hfbt4dms724fy926y8h.png

Bro if you can get those two to have a beer and relax, you deserve an even bigger donation from me!

Keep us posted with the pictures of your new pup. I'm excited for you!

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Thanks guys..... Little update-

Thanks in no small part to the generosity of the membership here, I was ably to send the breeder $500.00 towards the puppy this morning.

Thank you guys again!!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We are passing your way Wed. going to Biloxi don't write us a ticket LOL
    I'm also heading your way next Friday and Saturday! And if you write me a ticket... I'm gonna throw something nasty at you!!

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    A little help if the spirit moves you

Guys, if you see me in an official capacity you got WAY bigger issues than a ticket. Hell I haven't written a ticket in almost 5 years....... Come to think of it, I don't even know if I have tickets

Top Bottom