POTUS reveals new executive order...ALERT!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    "For example, DDTC generally labels procedures that involve cutting, drilling, or machining of an existing firearm in order to improve its accuracy or operation or to change its caliber as *manufacturing,* even if they do not create a new and distinct firearm. This includes threading a muzzle for a muzzle brake or blueprinting that requires machining of a barrel."

The AECA/ITAR require anybody who engages in the business of *manufacturing* a defense article to register with DDTC and pay a registration fee that for new applicants is currently $2,250 per year.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/28/j...s-latest-executive-gun-control/#ixzz4FoxEI2Qg

We can thank Obama and Hitlery.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sounds like a new law to me. I don't believe the president can make laws. Just Congress. Sounds like a load of fluff in my opinion.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    What the DDTC is doing is flat out lying

They state
    DDTC generally labels procedures that involve cutting, drilling, or machining of an existing firearm in order to improve its accuracy or operation or to change its caliber as *manufacturing,

Threading for a muzzle brake is included when a muzzle brake does nothing but reduce recoil while increasing the noise level

They claim any kind of cutting is 'manufacturing'
    Cutting a dovetail for a sight would be 'cutting' and therefore 'manufacturing'.

machinedrummer is right. Reloading will be prohibited, buying a stripped AR receiver will be prohibited, buying parts in general will be prohibited, etc...

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Sounds like a new law to me. I don't believe the president can make laws. Just Congress. Sounds like a load of fluff in my opinion.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

Austin, this is the Obama administration we're talking about. The same guy who wants to give 12 million illegal aliens in America a free pass to citizenship. Never mind they are federal law breakers.......

Or do you know why the banking industry is not involved with the marijuana businesses or their cash whatsoever in Colorado and Washington? Because marijuana usage and sales is a violation of current federal law. Law that Obama swore to uphold twice while being sworn in as our POTUS.
    So how does Obama and his administration determine just which laws they will enforce, and which to circumvent?

Ya think its going to be any better with Clinton as POTUS?

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Looks like Form 1 silencers just got effectively banned if I am reading this correctly.
    Any of our (actual) lawyers on here want to offer their interpretation?
    I hope to be persuaded I am incorrect.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Wow what a way to go around the legal process. Should get some lawyers involved this can't be constitutional.

Only gonna get worse if Hilary gets into office.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Looks like Form 1 silencers just got effectively banned if I am reading this correctly.
    Any of our (actual) lawyers on here want to offer their interpretation?
    I hope to be persuaded I am incorrect.

I sure hope ur wrong, because I have the parts to build a can on a form 1 soon. Maybe sooner than I wanted to.....and i'm not paying another $2250 to do so.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I sure hope ur wrong, because I have the parts to build a can on a form 1 soon. Maybe sooner than I wanted to.....and i'm not paying another $2250 to do so.

I hope I am wrong as well.
    If correct, they will likely grandfather approved Form 1 holders who had it prior to the ruling.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    "Moreover, under ITAR, *only one occasion of manufacturing … a defense article* is necessary for a commercial entity to be considered *engaged in the business* and therefore subject to the regime’s requirements."

I don't know...am I considered a commercial entity if I manufacture a can for myself under the form 1 tax stamp and approval?

How can Obama under executive order create new law? I thought that process originated and emanated from the representation branch of fed government....ie the House and Senate.

Last edited:

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Don't think it is an executive order, just a reinterpretation of existing statute by the agency tasked with enforcing it.
    I looked at the white house page listing all executive orders and nothing like this is listed as of an hour ago.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Interesting. According to that if a gunsmith simply threads a barrel to install a muzzle brake they need to register with the DDTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    This new ruling is not an EO

It's from the Directorate of Defense Trade Control (DDTC)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom