Wanted to introduce myself!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 29, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Hey Forum Members,
    I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the members. I am an owner of a small, veteran owned, part time business. I specialize in custom made "Amish Style" leather gun belts.

I served in the military for 26 years and am currently employed with the local Sheriff's Office working in Uniform Patrol. Several years ago, I became interested in forging knife blades. While pursuing knife making as a hobby, I eventually started making sheaths for my blades. I noticed that I enjoyed working with the leather side of the hobby versus the metal side. Fast forward 5 years later and I finally have a house with the room for a shop.

Several months ago, I was wearing 511 pants with a regular leather belt. I had my holster and Glock 17 on my right side. I noticed the belt was twisting and the amount of play I had when I drew the weapon prior to aiming and shooting was horrible. Those issues made me realize I needed something better than the belt I was currently wearing. I started researching the issue and discovered there are belts, besides the rigger style I have from the military, that are designed for those problems I experienced. Due to having some leather working experience, I figured I could make a double layer leather gun belt by hand.

I started making gun belts for family members and close friends of mine. The learning curve was extremely steep and costly, but well worth it. The response to my gun belts have been positive. After several acquaintances and friends offered to purchase my product, I bit the bullet and started selling them.

I was a member on this forum prior to starting the name of BWA Custom Belts (wassomeoneelse).

I specialize in custom handmade leather gun belts. I glue and sew two layers of premium 7-9 ounce layers of leather together. When joined together this around a quarter inch thick. This is the ideal thickness in the thickness of the best gun belts because it is thick and sturdy and yet also flexible enough to conform to the shape of your waist. The belt is 1 and 1/2 inch wide.

If your interested in speaking with me concerning a gun belt, please contact me via pm or cell phone 225-892-8117.

Bryan Arnold

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've been wearing one of Bryan's early prototypes for several weeks now and am very happy with it, and his work has only gotten better. I know first hand the care and time this guy puts into his products and can't recommend him enough.

Jun 29, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Pics of belts

1179.jpg1147.jpg1354.jpg1184.jpg1192.jpg

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have been wearing one for a few weeks now. I can easily say that I'm more than satisfied with its sturdiness and flexibility. I Cary a full size 1911 that is fully loaded (at all times). I haven't had a problem with it sagging or drooping in any way. It's a quality product.

Ronin_Jedi

Apr 28, 2015
    US
    Bryan,

Welcome to the forum. Nice leather.

Knew of a shop in prime (pricey) location in Hong Kong that did custom leather of another type

Best to ya!

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Top Bottom