today makes 22 years

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Dad was one that was truly messed up from Nam. 4 tours on the Me Kong Delta. He was one of many Vets that couldn't get help. When the alcohol didn't kill the pain anymore he killed himself. DAD you are for ever missed and I love you.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Many casualties of war happen long after the soldiers return home.
    I thank your father for his service and hope you all the best in your future.
    Your honesty and devotion to your father is humbling.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Your Dad saw Hell on Earth -- I pray that his soul is at peace.

War sucks -- My Dad was in WWII & Korea and suffered PSTD but that isn't what they called it back then.....

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    God bless you, your family and your father. I go out of my way to thank the Nam Vets when I see them and I always apologize to them for the way they were treated, even though it was a few years before my time. I was treated like gold when I returned from my service, and I know part of it was due to the regret of this nation as a whole for how that generation was treated. It was my honor to carry on the legacy of the Vietnam generation's honorable service, having been assigned to 2 units that were highly decorated during Vietnam.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I go to church with a guy that was in service with Carlos Hathcock. I love hearing his stories and he gets emotional talking about them. I found this out because he works for the comapany that subcontracts mine. I can't explain the pride he makes me feel just from talking to him. He held the gun that Carlos shot the enemy sniper throgh the scope. it makes me and him and cry hearing his stories. I thank your father for his service. The movies have it so wrong (other than a few like "we were soldiers"). These guys were out there for each other. I won't know what these men went through, but I am in awe. Sorry for your loss.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Ghosts of War

The ghosts of war rise up from the grave to torture the mind of the living.
    They shriek of the horror, the bloodshed, the fear – relentlessly, cold, unforgiving.

“You lived and we died, though we stood side by side,” echo voices long past stilled
    In the heads of those, who know better than most, the one rule – kill, or be killed.

The crack of a twig, the bark of a dog, the smell of – THAT smell! And BANG they arise.

Now, is then.

Again.

Fingers tremble, face blanches. The cigarettes! Where are the cigarettes? Pour another drink.
    The eyes stare out, not in yards but in years, and the mind tries to think.

Was it luck? Was it fate? Did the devil’s pure hate strike with cunning delight
    At some, and leave the rest to hold forever the cries in the night?

God, how I pray that the Chaplain is right.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    ace96f1ba2d0999be15112495964cf37.jpg
    5a0bab9353be927c06d652e5d3245217.jpg

His service weapon that he used. I always wanted it. Now that I have it.......it's a sick un easy feeling knowing it's in my safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's just a tool. Don't let your Dad's ghosts become yours too.

Anniversaries of major events always bring up deep seated emotions. Pray for your Dad's repose, and try to forgive him for anything that still nag at you because of the suddenness of his departure.

maniac cop 5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    NE La.
    Your Dad saw Hell on Earth -- I pray that his soul is at peace.

War sucks -- My Dad was in WWII & Korea and suffered PSTD but that isn't what they called it back then.....

CatCam, my dad was in both wars also. He died back in 1979. He too had PTSD but I didn't know until my mom admitted it to me years later. They didn't call it that back then because they really didn't care one way or another.

oppsImissed- I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. My father succumbed to service connected ills after being bedridden for 7 years or so, so I guess the war got him, just in a different way.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It's just a tool. Don't let your Dad's ghosts become yours too.

Anniversaries of major events always bring up deep seated emotions. Pray for your Dad's repose, and try to forgive him for anything that still nag at you because of the suddenness of his departure.

XD, you're a Gem.

Top Bottom