Vortex customer service GTG

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Because it is worth the time and trouble to someone, I'll leave this here and follow up when resolved.

Had a first gen Vortex SPARC. Heard about potential on/off problems.
    This one worked fine for a while, then just wouldn't turn off no matter how long you held the switch.
    Had to remove and reinsert the battery to do so.
    Read the warranty info, called the Wisconsin number, Gary picked up on 2nd ring and talked to me for less than 2 minutes.
    Went to the Vortex site, printed out the service form from there. Dang, another 5 minutes of my life gone.
    Boxed the unit up, nearly $7 priority mail out the next morning.

Investment: 7 bucks and 7 minutes of my time.

Fast forward to Thursday email: Package received to service dept.

Next morning email: package shipped via FedEx

Today email: Tracking shows package in Chicago IL, scheduled delivery Tuesday

I'm not a pessimist, so I'm believing this is a done deal. But I'll follow up in a few days when the FedEx ninja is released from my trap.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Been watching for the ninja all morning. Decided to have some lunch. When I was done I went outside and there was this little box by the door...the dogs never barked. But they always bark. They even bark when the mail lady stops at the end of my drive. How can anyone be that stealthy?

Anyway, unit repair done, no charge, switch replaced.
    And I got a bracelet. Thanks Vortex.

e05917b27afbf5b4bdaed956a4c4b2e2.jpg

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've had two situations, both my fault, nothing to do with the products at all.
    No questions asked...fixed/replaced.
    I have 7 Vortex products, I'll always be a loyal user...

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That's good to hear. I just got this one
    ffbe9a4916aa83e2c2f776d5fb9d81d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    NELA
    My experience on one with a canted reticle went about the same. Had it back in about a week.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I like vortex also, but in a thread with 5 responses. there's 4 optics listed as having "issues". I agree that they are great optics for the money, and backed by a great warranty, but this doesn't look good that this many users had a defective optic.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I like vortex also, but in a thread with 5 responses. there's 4 optics listed as having "issues". I agree that they are great optics for the money, and backed by a great warranty, but this doesn't look good that this many users had a defective optic.

Well if it matters, I brought mine to the dept range today and sighted it in. It was already in the 10ring at 50yrds from the start. So far it's been perfect. I'm also trying out a holosun red dot which has impressed me so far also.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have two 1-6 Razors, I've had zero issues!

I've only looked through a razor once, and it was amazing how clear it was edge to edge. Made me realize my "good enough" glass was lacking

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    That's good to hear. I just got this one
    ffbe9a4916aa83e2c2f776d5fb9d81d8.jpg

Was the thinking about getting that one my self! Lemme know how you like that thing! Was also considering the strike fire 2 with there mount. Buddy at work bought one and is pretty nice.

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    Well if it matters, I brought mine to the dept range today and sighted it in. It was already in the 10ring at 50yrds from the start. So far it's been perfect. I'm also trying out a holosun red dot which has impressed me so far also.

^^ I've also been quite impressed by Holosun. I started off with a HS403C, and just recently purchased the HS503GU. IMO for the price its clearly the best optic in its class.

Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    For many companies these days, QA is done by the buyer. If you are old enough and look back far enough, Nissan (Datsun), Toyota and even BMW were much lower in quality than today.

If you don't trust them today, give them some time while keeping an eye on them. I don't own any of their stuff, no need at the moment, but with customer care like that stated above, seems they're on the right track.

My only issue with the above is that it seems the OP was out $7 for warranty shipping. Company should have paid that too.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

jensen330

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Covington, La.
    Was the thinking about getting that one my self! Lemme know how you like that thing! Was also considering the strike fire 2 with there mount. Buddy at work bought one and is pretty nice.

I have one of these myself. I have shot 2 matches with it mounted on my ar9 thus far. It is clear and holds zero well. No issues so far. what i really like is that it uses aaa batteries.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I own 3 Vortex scopes, NO issues with them at all. Glad to hear a positive CS story !

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge

Youre also more likely to drown if you have a pool. If it is a thread about vortex problems, wouldnt the responses be about vortex problems???

Top Bottom