Saenger Theater in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wonder what triggers the levels of security theatre? Maybe something to do with attendees?

From my experience, it depends on the type of show and attendees that typically show up.

I've yet to go to a show at the Saenger that required security. However, I've been to shows at the Civic Theater, House of Blues, Woldenberg Park, Smoothie King Center, Superdome, and Pop-Up Tent style concerts with security.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I went earlier this year. They had NOPD at the front with metal detectors. Everyone was wand. As I walked up I told them I was a police officer and had a firearm on my ankle. They said okay and motioned me to walk through and enter.

Are you actually a LEO though? :P

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    From my experience, it depends on the type of show and attendees that typically show up.

I've yet to go to a show at the Saenger that required security. However, I've been to shows at the Civic Theater, House of Blues, Woldenberg Park, Smoothie King Center, Superdome, and Pop-Up Tent style concerts with security.

That makes sense. When I went to see Seinfeld here in BR, we were all wanded. I somehow made it through with a knife and a pocket pistol though. Lady may not have even had the thing on.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I went earlier this year. They had NOPD at the front with metal detectors. Everyone was wand. As I walked up I told them I was a police officer and had a firearm on my ankle. They said okay and motioned me to walk through and enter.

Several of my guys have had the same experience.

JR1572

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I saw "The Jersey Boys" in December at the Saenger. No electronic security, just a few guards posted. Just walked in, no muss, no fuss.

I wish LA would get the "enhanced carry" bill rolling.
    Still would be nice to have definite answers on carrying in establishments with a no weapons sign.
    Is it illegal or not ?
    Or is the old thought of "they can only ask you to leave, and if you don't, then it becomes a criminal event"

Funny, only after Nice did they do metal detectors, then they discontinued that practice.
    Went to the arena for Chili Peppers, and locked firearm and spare mag in case cable locked under seat.
    Forgot to leave knife - emptied pockets, they said no knives - back to car to offload knife.
    Good security there - guess Chili Peppers drew "different" kind of crowd than the Saenger.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Still would be nice to have definite answers on carrying in establishments with a no weapons sign.
    Is it illegal or not ?
    Or is the old thought of "they can only ask you to leave, and if you don't, then it becomes a criminal event"

Deleted Comment because it's not constructive.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Wife and I went to the Smoothie King Center to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers a couple weekends ago. I just walked through security no wand not even a word. She was in a different line and got wanded.

Top Bottom