AIWB Glock 42 Triplets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Jasarii, that is quite nice. Frankly, I've been carrying IWB pistols for a VERY long time, and until I ran across those simple- but most importantly, something-that-worked-better-for-ME carry holster, right here in Central, I had tried a whole bunch of different types. Dave's is nice and simple; just not angled enough for me. 20-25 degrees is best, I think.

If I ever need something else and Kee can't help, I might see if you can build another one of those. But
    Kee is ALWAYS available, I drive right by him every day on the way home from work, so...

Very nice baby Glock holster you have there, regardless.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dave's is nice and simple; just not angled enough for me. 20-25 degrees is best, I think.

The soft loop can be rotated 360° on my holsters.

If what is pictured "isn't angled enough" for you, then you loosen the screw, turn it where you want, then tighten the screw.

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Sure, but then (for some folks, me certainly) it shifts/changes angles as one sits, gets up and moves around, sits again, etc., during a day.

The RM IWB holster pretty much locks itself into position; all day/all night. Yes, lots of people break that clip. 99% of that is due to clumsiness and/or inattention. Jeff Behrnes designed those things and started the business long ago. I began buying them 10 years ago. I have over a half-dozen of them. All except the latest two, for the G43 and S&W 242, have been/are used extensively. I have broken ONE; from being too lazy to unthread it from a five-.stitch Wilderness belt and trying to pry it off. Kee, of course, made me another one for free... And it was entirely my fault why it broke.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Sure, but then (for some folks, me certainly) it shifts/changes angles as one sits, gets up and moves around, sits again, etc., during a day.

The RM IWB holster pretty much locks itself into position; all day/all night. Yes, lots of people break that clip. 99% of that is due to clumsiness and/or inattention. Jeff Behrnes designed those things and started the business long ago. I began buying them 10 years ago. I have over a half-dozen of them. All except the latest two, for the G43 and S&W 242, have been/are used extensively. I have broken ONE; from being too lazy to unthread it from a five-.stitch Wilderness belt and trying to pry it off. Kee, of course, made me another one for free... And it was entirely my fault why it broke.

My holsters also don't shift and change angle as one sits, gets up, or moves around. I've taken care of that problem. Once you set the position of the loop, it's not moving. Please don't compare my holsters to a RM Holster, when I know for a fact you haven't even tried one of mine.

I've been around and have made kydex holsters for nearly 10 years now, anything you can think of is something I've already tried or thought of already. The only thing I have yet to get involved with, because I don't care to, is vacuum forming and CNC machining.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

The biggest reasons single loop holsters move around is people don't adjust the loop to the correct belt size and not having a quality belt.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The biggest reasons single loop holsters move around is people don't adjust the loop to the correct belt size and not having a quality belt.

Bingo!

My loops are adjustable from 1.75" to 1.25". The biggest problem I've ever seen with people, is their lack of an appropriate belt. They will spend $500+ on a handgun, $100 on a holster, but carry it with a $12 belt from Walmart and think it's okay.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Bingo!

My loops are adjustable from 1.75" to 1.25". The biggest problem I've ever seen with people, is their lack of an appropriate belt. They will spend $500+ on a handgun, $100 on a holster, but carry it with a $12 belt from Walmart and think it's okay.

I laugh so hard when people call the 3 holes in a soft loop "height adjustment"!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom