$400 -$500 Optic recomendation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I'm getting my son a Ruger American Predator .308 for his birthday and am trying to decide on a scope.
    I want more that a 3-9, and like my Nikons, but willing to consider other options. Currently looking at a M-308 4-16x42 BDC 800 for $420 shipped.

Any other suggestions in that price range?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Do you think Vortex Viper HS Long Range 4-16x42 will get lower than $399?

Or maybe 4-16x50 for that price?

Anybody know of a Vortex labor day sale?

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I just got my son a Remington 700 that had a Millet 4-16 Tactical scope on it. Seems like a pretty nice scope and they sell for a little over $300, so in your price range.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    The Nikon or Vortex would be a better buy than the Millet IMO.

For my own education, what is it that makes the Nikon or Vortex a lot better than the Millet (since they are more expensive)? Just wanting to gather info for when we might want to upgrade the Millet.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    For my own education, what is it that makes the Nikon or Vortex a lot better than the Millet (since they are more expensive)? Just wanting to gather info for when we might want to upgrade the Millet.

Consistency of the product along with the optical system are probably the two biggest differences.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I'm getting my son a Ruger American Predator .308 for his birthday and am trying to decide on a scope.
    I want more that a 3-9, and like my Nikons, but willing to consider other options. Currently looking at a M-308 4-16x42 BDC 800 for $420 shipped.

Any other suggestions in that price range?

Vortex HS LR 4-16X50 w/ bdc
    Vortex Viper 6.5-20 w/ bdc if you want more mag and don't care for an external elevation turret
    Meopta Meopro 4-12x50 if you are looking for the glass quality and not whiz bang features

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I don't think you can go wrong with a Nikon scope. The other brand I'm big on is Burris. They have quite a few models in reasonable price ranges and a lifetime warranty. The Fullfield II runs about $100 less than the Nikon.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    I don't think you can go wrong with a Nikon scope. The other brand I'm big on is Burris. They have quite a few models in reasonable price ranges and a lifetime warranty. The Fullfield II runs about $100 less than the Nikon.

The new Burris product has been pretty sweet. Everything after the acquisition by Beretta Defense Group has been top notch.

Top Bottom