Swiss K31 1947

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Pics of my 1947 Swiss K31 with troop tag and original letter from person who it was issued to. Also the previous owner that had this provided me with an english translation of the original letter he recieved from the carrier of this rifle.All matching except for the mag.

Attachments

• k311938.jpg
      k311938.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 228
    • k319382.jpg
      k319382.jpg
      15.2 KB · Views: 216
    • k319383.jpg
      k319383.jpg
      17.8 KB · Views: 216
    • IMG_0550.jpg
      IMG_0550.jpg
      221 KB · Views: 208
    • IMG_0553.jpg
      IMG_0553.jpg
      167.8 KB · Views: 236

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for posting this. I've always liked the look of these rifles, but have been concerned about the straight pull action. I've never been close enough to pick one to get a look at it though. What is your opinion of the action? Does it seem robust enough to hold up and smooth enough to be reliable? I know they have a reputation for accuracy. Thanks.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Thanks for posting this. I've always liked the look of these rifles, but have been concerned about the straight pull action. I've never been close enough to pick one to get a look at it though. What is your opinion of the action? Does it seem robust enough to hold up and smooth enough to be reliable? I know they have a reputation for accuracy. Thanks.

In my opinion, the action is as strong and robust enough to hold up as a common complete rotating bolt modern rifle. Just the head of the bolt rotates when it goes into or out of battery locking the assembly into grooves in the reciever wall. The last remainder of travel is what causes it to rotate and cam in the locked postition or unlocking as moving the assembly rearward. This rifle is very smooth operating and easier for my wife and son to operate compared to a modern day bolt rifle. And yes, the K31 tends to be very accurate "out of the box". You tube has a few videos that shows how the bolt assembly works.

Last edited:

RevD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2014
    Moss Point, Mississippi
    Nice rifle. I love my k31s. They are exceptional firearms. You will want to check out the bayonets that are available for them, they really help to make it complete. As a side note the milsurp ammo is great for these guns and still available online if you spend a little time searching.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I picked up five of them from Dan's Sporting Goods a few years ago. I ended up keeping two of them to give to my sons. I treaded one of them to a forum member for a better M44 and $100. We were both happy with the deal.

Top Bottom