Any cabinet makers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Anyone on here a cabinet maker? I'm waiting to hear from my contractor, but his went underwater also. Cabinets may be my holdup so I'm looking for other options.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Corey usually does my connectors cabinets.

I'm also looking at rta cabinets from cabinets to go. I know a few guys with them who love them. Plus I'll be able to get uppers with the insurance so they match.

I'll try Rte also first though.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm almost through building a new house and having the same problem, all the cabinet makers my contractor has used are flooded.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Corey usually does my connectors cabinets.

I'm also looking at rta cabinets from cabinets to go. I know a few guys with them who love them. Plus I'll be able to get uppers with the insurance so they match.

I'll try Rte also first though.

Don't do I've heard horror stories about the rta's.

Remember me and a large chunk of my neighbors are on round to this year, so trust me the rta's are not worth it. I reused the group I used last time but their customer service blows.

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Don't do I've heard horror stories about the rta's.

Remember me and a large chunk of my neighbors are on round to this year, so trust me the rta's are not worth it. I reused the group I used last time but their customer service blows.

Please explain. Round to? What horror stories? Company?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Please explain. Round to? What horror stories? Company?
    We flooded in March so it seems I may be getting more experience than I ever wanted.

I dont remember what brand but I heard a contractor tell about how his wife insisted on rta's and after hours he only had a couple cabnets asembled and she had given up on them. Thats asembled not installed. They asemble like furniture you would buy from Wal-mart with goofy fasteners and poor quality control. If you value your time at all just buy the prefabs. We went prefab and they finished a week before we flooded again. The company we used ran the job pretty bad but the work they actually did came out nice.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Joe Leggio in Kenner
    Cabinets and Countertops of Louisiana
    he does custom cnc cut cabinets and tops.
    Pm me and I'll tell you his cell number and pricing. I don't want to put his cell number on the net.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Years ago I was using a company called "tru wood" and was always happy with them. On custom homes we would use a local builder but to be honest most local builders are over priced.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I cleared my inbox. Try again

Same message.

Would you pm me his name, number and pricing?

Years ago I was using a company called "tru wood" and was always happy with them. On custom homes we would use a local builder but to be honest most local builders are over priced.

That's one of the two problems I'm running into. Way way expensive and long delivery times. I really don't want kit cabinets but I also don't want to live in someone else's home for 3 months plus waiting on cabinets.

The biggest problem I have is a built in bar counter. Online cabinets can't recreate that and it's basically a necessity. I am considering doing the rta's but stopping at the bar counter and having that custom made later. I can move in without that.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I used Tru as well the product was pretty nice. I think the biggest problem with my first time was the lack of experience the company I used had with Tru. The slides are nice but all the drawers need to be checked because if the slide release is loose they wont slide worth a crap. Almost every drawer I had needed to be tightened up. But once they got it all taken care of the worked flawless. Expect a 4-6 week lead time on those cabinets.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom