Reptiles and Amhibians (or... the absence of LousianaCarry)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Howdy Fellas!

Just got to thinking about everyone on here. Still got those Pmags? :D

Anyway, for those that were wondering (probably not many these days- been a long time since I was the top poster on here!), I rescue and rehab critters nowadays. I am a wildlife rehabilitator and Master Naturalist. I run Louisiana Exotic Animal Resource Network- www.learnaboutcritters.org . We just closed on a new 11 acre facility in Elm Grove (just south of Bossier City), and have an open house planned on September 24th-25th. If anyone likes critters, you're welcome to swing by! We have 6' lizards, 8' snakes, African Tortoises, all kinds of things.

Mostly I was just saying Hi though. :)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Long time, welcome back!

Wish I could make the open house, but that's a bit of a drive from N.O.... sounds like fun!

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Well anyone on here is welcome whenever they're in the area. LEARN is the only non-profit I know of in the state that focuses on rescuing all the odd little critters that we do. Dog and cat rescues all over, but when there's a 100lb tortoise or an 8' boa, we're it. Our new facility is fantastic. 11 acres with a 2000sf building insulated and air conditioned for the critters.

We can always use folks who can let critters hitch rides... if anyone reading this makes trips between north and south LA, we always either have adoptive homes down south waiting for critters or critters down south needing to come to the shelter. We connect people when we can so the critters don't have to travel, but there's always a waiting list.

Also, if anyone runs across critters affected by the flood (people too overwhelmed to deal with their parrot or iguana or whatever anymore, for example), let them know about us.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bpedersen
    Top Bottom