Honey Island Plate Rack

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    100 yards on the rifle side, 10-20 on the pistol (guestimating).

100 yards rifle with a 10" plate for each lane.
    Target stands can be placed at 25, 50, and 100 yards.

Pistol has a paper side and plate side at 25 yards.
    Paper side has paper target stands provided with a stapler.
    Plate rack side has 8ish inch plate racks with a few tiny dueling trees.

Also a .22lr range with squirrel poppers (even though you can't shoot animal targets).
    .22lr range also has miniature dueling trees.

Range comes complete with derpy range officers and bubba rednecks as far as the eye can see.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    I agree with the rules, because it's their rules. What I don't agree with, is the logic behind their rulings.

Next time I see a Range Officer doing something unsafe, you better believe I'm going to publicly shame him.

Dave you are better than that, you know how to talk to people with out doing this. yes I know some of the old men out there don't, but you don't need to meet them at their level. and please if you ever see my wife doing anything stupid please pull her aside and tell her.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dave you are better than that, you know how to talk to people with out doing this. yes I know some of the old men out there don't, but you don't need to meet them at their level. and please if you ever see my wife doing anything stupid please pull her aside and tell her.

Surprisingly, as many times as I've been there, I've yet to meet your wife. If I did, I would properly introduce myself. Unfortunately, there are a few range officers that are simply unsafe in their actions and have yet to be booted from service. I've made enough complaints in the past. I really don't see how the Range Master has not made it a point to notify his RSO's of their stupid behavior... unless the Range Master is just as bad.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    100 yards rifle with a 10" plate for each lane.
    Target stands can be placed at 25, 50, and 100 yards.

Pistol has a paper side and plate side at 25 yards.
    Paper side has paper target stands provided with a stapler.
    Plate rack side has 8ish inch plate racks with a few tiny dueling trees.

Also a .22lr range with squirrel poppers (even though you can't shoot animal targets).
    .22lr range also has miniature dueling trees.

Range comes complete with derpy range officers and bubba rednecks as far as the eye can see.

Don't forget the guys with pink revolvers.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Don't forget the guys with pink revolvers.

Not a concern. You've proven that.

I do have a concern with the mouthbreathers asking a thousand questions about my AR builds while the range is hot. I don't mind chit-chatting while the range is cold, but the last trip resulted in someone tapping me one the shoulder while I'm sighting in a rifle, just so he could ask what caliber the rifle was.

Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    I know I'm REAL late joining in on this, but I've had issues with 2 of the pistol RO's. NO issues on the rifle side. On the pistol side one time I really thought one of the shooters was going to slug the RO. RO was yelling like a jerk over nothing and in my opinion would have deserved it. Having said that, 99% of the RO's are good folks, they volunteer their time, and they know what they're doing. I try to keep that in mind when I run across one of, shall we say, "less than friendly" RO's.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I know I'm REAL late joining in on this, but I've had issues with 2 of the pistol RO's. NO issues on the rifle side. On the pistol side one time I really thought one of the shooters was going to slug the RO. RO was yelling like a jerk over nothing and in my opinion would have deserved it. Having said that, 99% of the RO's are good folks, they volunteer their time, and they know what they're doing. I try to keep that in mind when I run across one of, shall we say, "less than friendly" RO's.

Thank you for posting this.

There are good RO's and there are bad ones. I've had the unfortunate luck to run across the bad ones more than I would like.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    What if I brought my own gong? Would I be allowed to set it up at the rifle range, at 25 yards and shoot my AR9?
    572f66809e425561ceab75789c42e27f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Went there Saturday, new rule you can now shoot paper in front of the plate racks at pistol line. At least you could on December 17

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom