Obama has released more prisoners than the last 10 presidents combined

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I also have no issues with this just as long as the offender was nonviolent and remained so while in custody.
    The drug offense laws in place in America are ridiculous.
    We routinely sentence nonviolent offenders to life while murderers and rapists get a few years.
    Not okay in my way of thinking.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    These guys weren't sentenced to life for a first time marijuana charge. These guys have been in and out of the system 5,6,7 times before getting busted with large amounts of narcotics which got them a life sentence. Murderers and rapists shouldn't get off easy, but what will happen if we lessen drug charges? The same that was happening before these guys got sentenced to life, they will spend their time in and out of prison after getting arrested dozens of time for drug distribution. It will be a never ending cycle; deal drugs, go to prison for a little while, get out, deal drugs.... Yes that is how it is now with many dealers, but these guys were busted with large amounts of drugs multiple times. Do we want them back on the streets every few months and allow them to continue their life of crime? There has to be a point where we say, "you have been given too many chances and you can no longer be trusted in our society". Or should we allow them to indefinitely go through the cycle with no end point?

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    These guys weren't sentenced to life for a first time marijuana charge. These guys have been in and out of the system 5,6,7 times before getting busted with large amounts of narcotics which got them a life sentence. Murderers and rapists shouldn't get off easy, but what will happen if we lessen drug charges? The same that was happening before these guys got sentenced to life, they will spend their time in and out of prison after getting arrested dozens of time for drug distribution. It will be a never ending cycle; deal drugs, go to prison for a little while, get out, deal drugs.... Yes that is how it is now with many dealers, but these guys were busted with large amounts of drugs multiple times. Do we want them back on the streets every few months and allow them to continue their life of crime? There has to be a point where we say, "you have been given too many chances and you can no longer be trusted in our society". Or should we allow them to indefinitely go through the cycle with no end point?

Legalize, period. The government doesn't need to hold grown adult hands.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Do you think it's ok for dealers to sell drugs to kids?

No...it's same exact same way with alcohol...businesses "aren't supposed" to sell alcohol to kids, right? So in the same way, a marijuana business "isn't supposed" to sell their product to kids.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I feel like there would be fewer 'dealers' if they legalized some drugs. The people that need to be protecting children are parents, not DEA agents.

Very true, kids can just get any crack head of age to go buy them weed, booze, LSD, crystal meth etc from the local drug shop. No more need for "dealers". Parents protecting their children from drugs? Sure the responsible ones will, but let's be honest, the responsible parent club is getting smaller every generation.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Very true, kids can just get any crack head of age to go buy them weed, booze, LSD, crystal meth etc from the local drug shop. .

So throw that guy in a cage but not every other human that just happens to also do drugs.

I'd like to know, are you for bringing back prohibition for Alcohol? If so why? If not, why not?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So throw that guy in a cage but not every other human that just happens to also do drugs.

I'd like to know, are you for bringing back prohibition for Alcohol? If so why? If not, why not?

I'm not for prohibition of alcohol. We are talking about crystal meth, cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, PCP. If you think the result of legalizing the drugs I just listed will be the same as legalizing alcohol, then we will have to agree to disagree.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I'm not for prohibition of alcohol. We are talking about crystal meth, cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, PCP. If you think the result of legalizing the drugs I just listed will be the same as legalizing alcohol, then we will have to agree to disagree.

Well, a quick google search shows 200k (worldwide) people die each year from Drugs, compared to 2.5 million (worldwide) each year from Alcohol. A quick google search localized to the USA, indicates 100k people die from alcohol each year (2014 data - NIH) compared to 47k who died from drugs each year (2014 data - CDC).

You can take this (these stats) with a grain of salt but your assumption that the big bad drugs are soooooo much more harmful and deadly may just be off-base.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Well, a quick google search shows 200k (worldwide) people die each year from Drugs, compared to 2.5 million (worldwide) each year from Alcohol. A quick google search localized to the USA, indicates 100k people die from alcohol each year (2014 data - NIH) compared to 47k who died from drugs each year (2014 data - CDC).

You can take this (these stats) with a grain of salt but your assumption that the big bad drugs are soooooo much more harmful and deadly may just be off-base.

I was not basing my conclusion on deaths per year. I'm assuming the 2.5 mil number is based on the WHO study. This study included cancer (lots of cancers), violence, accidents (like drowning), etc. I'm sure the 200k number for all other drug deaths took those same factors into account right? Probably not, they probably only accounted for overdoses. The NIH data refers to "alcohol related deaths" vs the overdose death of drugs. So comparing those numbers is like apples to oranges.

The addictive nature of those drugs and pharmacological effects (say PCP for example) make it much more dangerous than alcohol. Would you rather deal with a drunk person or a person high on PCP? Do you believe drug deaths per year would increase if drugs were legalized? Do you believe drug usage would increase if legalized? Not to mention if we are using WHO's standards, all of the cancers, violence, and accidents that will come along with legalization of all drugs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom