Potential NOLA Ordinance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Is there any documented case of this?

Not that I know of. I suspect that this is one of those, "Everybody knows this is happening," stories that float around in the anti-gun community. I'd love to see one of the newspapers do an investigative report on this. The Times Picayune did a report not too long ago about how many crime guns are stolen guns, but they did not compile a list of who the guns were stolen from.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Heard on WWL radio this was passed by the city. Report said critics of the bill said it wasn't likely to do anything to reduce gun violence as the NOPD doesn't have time to follow up on any stolen gun reports.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    This law violates state preemption; defense attorneys know this. Already overburden NOPD will be wasting their good time and good efforts making arrest based solely on violations of this law. Landrieu is grandstanding and doing nothing constructive.

The last thing a no cop wants to do is file another theft report.
    I don't know how anyone could ever get caught.
    Police officer: we found a gun you bought five years ago at a crime scene.
    Me: you mean the one I gave to my aunt in Mississippi?
    Cop: we will need her name and address.
    Me: Aunt trish, her remains are at Glendale Cemetary.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I heard this on WWL Radio (not TV) Rafael Goyeneche is head of the Metropolitan Crime Camission.

''To think they are going to be able to enforce this is unrealistic, so this ordinance is more sizzle than substance,'' Goyeneche said.

Goyeneche said he doubts any criminals will be calling police about lost or stolen guns. He says while the intentions are good, enforcement will be practically impossible.

Wouldn't it have been Much Smarter to hirer more Cops like the last Chief wanted to do, but Mitch said we can live with less Cops. The high crime rates are on mitchs bald head.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    All they have to do to stop gun crimes and such is to remove the Democrats that live there. Independent and Republican voters are not the ones doing the crimes. None of those arrested are NRA members.

Also, those not reporting stolen guns need to have their gun rights taken away. Not reporting a theft means the owner has something to hide.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom