Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • josh62685

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    houma, la
    I was in Walmart on Grand caillou in Houma today. A lot of their air rifles are 50% off. Some of their rifles and shotguns are also on sale. Saw a savage .22 lr rifle for $69.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    b4423145e4184ff25d1ad68b71874361.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I wonder if they are getting rid of guns/run related items? Heard around the country, they are selling ruger american's for under 200 bucks, I've heard prices between 170-190 for rugers in 30-06, .308, and 243

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    i haven't seen that at walker walmart but they are not selling any firearms at this moment and Denham Springs is closed.
    Walmart here only stays open till 745PM. The ammo inventory did get stocked up to the max minus 22LR or 22 magnum.
    I'll be buying a Ruger if they get marked down to under 200 if I can get a 308. Otherwise I will eventually get a Ruger PRedator 308 rifle with the threaded barrel in anticipation for when I get can in probably around November or December.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    Im sure there will a few more sales items soon.They have closed hundreds of stores and many 1000s more to close if all goes well.They are looking at closing all stores and opening small wal mart markets with food only.They are testing it out at a few stores now by closing automotive,jewerly,etc.. Wally is on the down slide.I think it would be great.The ma and pa stores could flourish and many could make many jobs out of it.Where will all the Wal mart workers go,well if trump has his way with the wall,there will be many filed jobs available!!!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Im sure there will a few more sales items soon.They have closed hundreds of stores and many 1000s more to close if all goes well.They are looking at closing all stores and opening small wal mart markets with food only.They are testing it out at a few stores now by closing automotive,jewerly,etc.. Wally is on the down slide.I think it would be great.The ma and pa stores could flourish and many could make many jobs out of it.Where will all the Wal mart workers go,well if trump has his way with the wall,there will be many filed jobs available!!!

You must have been drunk last night......

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Its just a sale to move older stuff in preparation for hunting season...they did it the last 2 years. I got a ruger 308 for 199 and a marlin 45-70 for 299 and they have a 50 mail in rebate from marlin right now too so it will be 250 for a 600 gun. Also savage has a rebate going on now that you can get 25 back after wally world rebate. Its been a few days tho so most are wiped out.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Per the sporting goods manager in Central, it was just on several .22's, Ruger Americans, and a Mossberg shotgun. All he had left was a .22 magnum, said Watson still had a few various ones.

Zachary walmart still sells guns but didnt see any sales prices. Didn't speak with anyone there.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Per the sporting goods manager in Central, it was just on several .22's, Ruger Americans, and a Mossberg shotgun. All he had left was a .22 magnum, said Watson still had a few various ones.

Zachary walmart still sells guns but didnt see any sales prices. Didn't speak with anyone there.

It is also .17s and the 45-70. Lafayette has 2 savage 17wsm bolt for 150 reg 300. Not every place has them marked...laffy does not. They have to scan them.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    I specifically aasked about the 45-70 and he said they weren't on sale. may depend on the store.

More than likely no, it depends on the guy behind the counter. Did he scan it or just tell you it's not. I know of several 45-70s across the US that were sold. Probably in your neck of the woods even. I did hear of a clerk going around in a area around Louisiana somewhere buying up everything. Maybe it wa shim securing it for himself. I'll have to look.

Also so if it scans not on sale make them key it in from the number on the tag. Read that made a difference too sometimes.

14 pages

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/outdoor/ruger-clearance-at-my-walmart-should-i-get-it/64958966/

Last edited:

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    I would. Make them physically scan and if not on sale make them key it in manually. It's supposed to be store wide not just here and there. But a lot of clerks didn't know about it.

NOLAGT

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2016
    Lafayette
    Sale is definitely a go in Natchitoches. All the Ruger Americans were gone ;(

The rugers are probably what went first at stores. I lucked out getting a .308 really. Some one was pawing it up the night before but it wouldn't scan and the manager was not in the store. I went the next day and they were there to say yes it's on sale.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Whoever thinks Wally is on the down side has been over doing their medical marigawana. Check the stock market. Wally is bigger than apple and growing and buying out other stores more than ever.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom