Racial tensions today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I got to sit down and talk to an "Old Brother" today. A Marine Vet in his 80's. He's obviously been around a while and experienced a lot of things. He was telling me, about how racial tensions in the 60/70's were about where they are at now, and he fears it's only gonna get worse. The next several years are only gonna get more interesting than they already are if he is right.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Maybe, but I think today's problem is worse because it isn't as much about race as it is so called "social justice" which is just a nice name for loss of private property rights and communism. Besides, it seems most of the racial tensions of today are simply bought, paid for, and shipped around the country to further that goal.

But... I'm just an old cranky fart too. It's you young guys that will have to deal with the results.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Agreed. It sucks.... All these ****ing millenials thinking the world owes them something doesn't help. Some consider me a borderline millenial. (I'm 32). I can't stand any of this crap going on. Especially all the crap happening in Downtown Nola right now with the monuments.

My dad raised a good point a few minutes ago while watching the news.... You didn't see all this **** happening or at least it was minimized BEFORE Obummer took office.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    This is where 7 years of liberal Democratic leadership has taken us. Greater racial unrest than in the prior 20 years. And we will be truly doomed as a nation if Clinton is elected......that will also seal the SCOTUS majority for many years to come.
    But the liberal minded majority elected Obama twice. Their voice spoke.

drmweaver2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Harahan, LA
    1. No one alive today is to blame for slavery or its remnants. Don't tell "progressive" Blacks that.
    2. Calling for slave reparations makes good headlines but is absolutely irrational. It won't solve the economic, social or political power problems of the "aggrieved" party. They'd only ask for more.
    3. How have so many "people of color" made their living that is absolutely unfathomable to the majority of people not "of color"? By being "activists! Good job if you can find it - stir up divisiveness and angst against another group without negative repercussions and get paid for it! This has to cause at least some resentment on the part of those not involved - I know I don't like or understand that.
    4. Start multiple groups with catchy race-baiting slogans and get the media to notice... reminds me of the "civil rights 60's". Nothing has changed except the amount of coverage and the negativity of such groups.
    5. Even those "of color" who have "made it" in American society routinely play the "race card" despite being better off than 90% of those they blame for societal/institutional prejudice. Nothing like perpetuating prejudice by being such themselves.

I'd move elsewhere in a heartbeat except that I can't think of anywhere better off.

Yes, I'm Caucasian. No I don't think of my racial status on a daily basis. No I don't think others should either. No I don't feel guilty about it. Yes I have friends "of color" - white, black, yellow, red, brown... No, none of them agrees with me. Shrug. Sucks to be them; they worry too much about things that will never change as, I believe, prejudice is part of the human genome. Racism is different (shooting a bad guy [looter, B&E criminal, rapist caught in the act, etc.] is not racism; it's appropriate action in the performance of duty.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    1. No one alive today is to blame for slavery or its remnants. Don't tell "progressive" Blacks that.
    2. Calling for slave reparations makes good headlines but is absolutely irrational. It won't solve the economic, social or political power problems of the "aggrieved" party. They'd only ask for more.
    3. How have so many "people of color" made their living that is absolutely unfathomable to the majority of people not "of color"? By being "activists! Good job if you can find it - stir up divisiveness and angst against another group without negative repercussions and get paid for it! This has to cause at least some resentment on the part of those not involved - I know I don't like or understand that.
    4. Start multiple groups with catchy race-baiting slogans and get the media to notice... reminds me of the "civil rights 60's". Nothing has changed except the amount of coverage and the negativity of such groups.
    5. Even those "of color" who have "made it" in American society routinely play the "race card" despite being better off than 90% of those they blame for societal/institutional prejudice. Nothing like perpetuating prejudice by being such themselves.

I'd move elsewhere in a heartbeat except that I can't think of anywhere better off.

Yes, I'm Caucasian. No I don't think of my racial status on a daily basis. No I don't think others should either. No I don't feel guilty about it. Yes I have friends "of color" - white, black, yellow, red, brown... No, none of them agrees with me. Shrug. Sucks to be them; they worry too much about things that will never change as, I believe, prejudice is part of the human genome. Racism is different (shooting a bad guy [looter, B&E criminal, rapist caught in the act, etc.] is not racism; it's appropriate action in the performance of duty.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Well said Sir. When a NFL player who makes 11$ million a year, when we have black elected officials all over the country somehow is "oppressed' I call BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom