LSU and Les Miles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So what do y'all think? Keep him? Fire him? I'm sick of mediocrity. And this Auburn game is humiliating. It's sad that a long time LSU fan such as myself wants to lose every game this year so we will finally fire that worthless excuse of a coach! I honestly feel bad for the players to be stuck in such a bad system.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    This loss is clearly on the coaching staff. Not getting the ball snapped before the clock runs out is a coaching issue. As is pretty much everything else when you lose with one of the best set of players in college football.

It's terribly unfortunate Miles wasn't let go last year. I predict he will not last to the end of this season.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    In his defense. He has 1 second on the snap. From the time the whistle blows. They would pretty much have to have super human ears and reaction time.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    they bad no sense of urgency with 2 minutes to go - very poor coaching.
    of course I went to MS State, so i learned long ago not to worry about sports :)
    keep him so I can keep enjoying the misery...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I watched the lsu game, and will watch the saints game. But I don't root for any team really, nor care that much. If I'm home and there's nothing better on, I watch any local team. If I'm busy, I can care less, sports are very low on my priority list. And to pay these guys millions of dollars is just crazy

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    I think we put too much store in Fournette. He is a good back, but he's not great like everyone says just IMO. I like Guice better.

EDIT: But, to stay on topic. Bye Les. Come on to NSU and maybe you'll do better than Brad Peveto did! bwahaha. Welcome Lane Kiffin or Jimbo Fisher to LSU fellas!

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I've been saying this for years, Les is a great recruiter, but a poor coach. No clock management skill, completely unprepared, relying on luck and brute force instead of coaching the best from each player. It's time for a change.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    1) I have not watched a LSU game since that "Jarrett Lee" game.

2) I will not watch a LSU game until Les is gone!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Lane Kiffin is the last coach LSU needs.On record there are only two proven coaches in the country that could get LSU to the level that matches the talent, Saban and Urban Meyer. Best choice Tom Herman, OC and quarterback coach under Meyer at OS, proven ability as a head coach at Houston.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Lane Kiffin is the last coach LSU needs.On record there are only two proven coaches in the country that could get LSU to the level that matches the talent, Saban and Urban Meyer. Best choice Tom Herman, OC and quarterback coach under Meyer at OS, proven ability as a head coach at Houston.

Agreed. I don't want Kiffen

- - - Updated - - -

Les maybe gone as early as today.finger crossed

Doubtful

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I really hope LSU never hires Kiffen.

The Les Miles era is over. Long gone are his Mad Hatter days. He should start wearing a clock around his next, so he can better understand how the clock works. This game was a perfect display of poor clock management. You're past the 30 yard line on 3rd and too much, get on the field immediately. They ran the clock down on themselves, so I have no sympathy when they got stuck with 1 second.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I really hope LSU never hires Kiffen.

The Les Miles era is over. Long gone are his Mad Hatter days. He should start wearing a clock around his next, so he can better understand how the clock works. This game was a perfect display of poor clock management. You're past the 30 yard line on 3rd and too much, get on the field immediately. They ran the clock down on themselves, so I have no sympathy when they got stuck with 1 second.

Yup. Poor clock management has plagued LSU in the Mile's era. We have won games that we should have lost purely because of talent and luck. We should have stomped AU this entire game with the talent we have, instead we let it go until the last play. That's not how a championship caliber team operates.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yup. Poor clock management has plagued LSU in the Mile's era. We have won games that we should have lost purely because of talent and luck. We should have stomped AU this entire game with the talent we have, instead we let it go until the last play. That's not how a championship caliber team operates.

I'll say that Danny Etling made two mistakes that drove me insane:
    1) The fumble to Fournette
    2) The missed opportunity to end the game with wide open receivers in the end zone

I'll forgive him for both, since he's relatively new.

The biggest downfall was the clock. Poor coaching led to the clock being run down and the inability to keep momentum. Auburn looked like a freight train every time they had the ball. Run play, run play, run play, get stopped, kick field goal. It was a formula that worked for them. LSU looked like a bunch of kids in a school yard.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    He can't manage a clock. He's nuts and not in a good way (and the whole eating grass thing just annoys me! ). He can't speak on camera.

Hire him as general manager (he recruits well! ) and put a communications major as public speaking for him. Let someone else run the game on the field (pee wee coaches would be an improvement!). He can watch from his couch at home incommunicado while muching grass.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I was disturbed that after the head shot the QB didn't go through the concussion protocol. Poor kid might have been playing with a concussion. I think just about any other team would have had him looked at for a little while before sticking him back in that quick.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    He did go through a concussion evaluation and it was negative.

Top Bottom