Dash Cams

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Well there is an alternative. If you know you are at fault, hide the dang thing before Jonny take your S### shows up and takes your s###.

Personally I find it unsettling an individual's dash cam could be used against them in traffic court. It feels far fetched but I would wager it's not.

What's next sending a warrant to Verizon to provide the gps data? Or just deciding warrants are unnecessary, and just monitor everyone's phones and automatically send out tickets. Then when you are riding in the passenger seat and get a ticket that you don't deserve you could just pay the extortion because everyone knows it's impossible to get out of a ticket. :doh:

The leap really isn't that far. The Obama administration already told us we have no right to privacy as to where our phones are.

But to hell with the Bill of Rights I mean we all just want to be fair and safe and all get our participation trophies. Right?:rolleyes:

This is kinda my thought as well. Why be so quick to incriminate yourself if you have any doubt you could be at fault. Take the camera down and review the footage at a later time when you have time to actually look at it and think about what happened. It may have even happened differently than you remembered in the heat of the moment. There is no reason to rush; the law, lawyers, the court and certainly insurance companies don't rush, no reason for you to jump the gun either.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I'd say hide the thing until you have a chance to review it for yourself, and can edit out previous footage you don't want seen... If you need it introduced as evidence then your lawyer can present it. I pick up a lot of hooker's and nobody needs to be seeing that! I'm just really glad that all this video technology wasn't so easily accessible to normies when I was younger. I'd never be able to run for political office!

I'm going to set my kids' cars up like bait cars... multiple cams, GPS, and a disabling device!

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'd say hide the thing until you have a chance to review it for yourself, and can edit out previous footage you don't want seen... If you need it introduced as evidence then your lawyer can present it. I pick up a lot of hooker's and nobody needs to be seeing that! I'm just really glad that all this video technology wasn't so easily accessible to normies when I was younger. I'd never be able to run for political office!

I'm going to set my kids' cars up like bait cars... multiple cams, GPS, and a disabling device!

But but but you would be invading your kids privacy, says the same people who have no problem with mine being invaded by the nanny state.:rofl:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

You should find a new forum.

He has the right to secure and tow your car then get a search warrant for the car seeking contents of the camera, which is what I would do, if you refused to provide it on your own.

That video is potetial evidence of a crime, even if it's just a crash or traffic offense. Plus some officers may not have the proper equipment to save a forensily sound copy of the video on the scene. If you are involved in a questionable crash and the camera is present, you can bet any investigating officer worth his salt will want to see it. It can be secured to prevent destruction just like any other piece of evidence. Plus it's in a vehicle, which is an exception to the warrant rule, so there are a few different can of worms to open here.

Bottom line it is evidence and can be treated and collected as such.

Would it be illegal for an officer to take the camera, without the owner's consent, and watch the video? Without a search warrant? I remember a law class I took where we talked about something like that and how it could then be inadmissible in court if not seized through proper channels. And that is what I was getting at with my "probably no" statement.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Since your car is an extension of your home, no they cannot take the tape without a warrant...

I see what you did there lolol

That's cute..... you actually think you know what you are talking about.

You really should keep you mouth shut until you can actually support what you are saying with facts and quit dolling out bad info. It just makes you look dumb.

I see what you missed here....pretty rude comment on your part as well.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If you don't give police a complete itemized list of ever offense you have committed in the last ten years EVERY time you encounter a police officer then you shouldn't be on this forum.

It seems some of us push the "limits of discussions." I will say I enjoy living rent free in a handful of people's heads.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If the state of Louisiana gives me one for free to place in my truck; and the courts allow the footage to be used to regularly convict the piles of **** litterers (you **** smoking litterers are the worst), and all of the idiots that are doing everything on their phones while driving (except paying attention and/or driving); then I will be glad to turn down the recording volume so they don't have to hear my daily diatribes about how worthless state and parish workers are! :p

Okay, now I have to post a request for information! :fawk:

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    If the state of Louisiana gives me one for free to place in my truck; and the courts allow the footage to be used to regularly convict the piles of **** litterers (you **** smoking litterers are the worst), and all of the idiots that are doing everything on their phones while driving (except paying attention and/or driving); then I will be glad to turn down the recording volume so they don't have to hear my daily diatribes about how worthless state and parish workers are! :p

:rockon:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    It seems some of us push the "limits of discussions." I will say I enjoy living rent free in a handful of people's heads.

+1... I/we seem to be moving up in the world!

A discussion with limits isn't all that useful. ::shrug::

Agreed, Apparently we're supposed to drink the kool-aid.

Well stated as usual! That's a very good point, if they want us to be their eyes and ears we shouldn't have to provide our own equipment... If I want it for personal use/protection then that's my choice. Doesn't mean they should have access to it.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    +1... I/we seem to be moving up in the world!

Agreed, Apparently we're supposed to drink the kool-aid.

Well stated as usual! That's a very good point, if they want us to be their eyes and ears we shouldn't have to provide our own equipment... If I want it for personal use/protection then that's my choice. Doesn't mean they should have access to it.

Your cellphone is for personal use but LEO's can still seize its info with a warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom