Aquarium question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've carried in the aquarium in N.O. several times, no concerns. However, it looks like we're going to a fund raiser there... they will be serving alcohol. I'm not sure if they had to have a permit to host the bigger event.

Thoughts on carrying there?

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    It would largely depend upon whether or not they have an alcohol permit (doubtful). I'd be willing to guess they're operating as many charitable operations do, either pay an admission fee and they GIVE you the alcohol, or you donate for a ticket (or something else of recognition) which they'll reward you with a drink in appreciation.
    Scales and Ales?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've carried in the aquarium in N.O. several times, no concerns. However, it looks like we're going to a fund raiser there... they will be serving alcohol. I'm not sure if they had to have a permit to host the bigger event.

Thoughts on carrying there?

If you're going to Scales and Ales, you can carry just as if you were going to the Aquarium on any other day. Scales and Ales is a fundraising event and all ticket proceeds go to funding the Aquarium.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    If you're going to Scales and Ales, you can carry just as if you were going to the Aquarium on any other day. Scales and Ales is a fundraising event and all ticket proceeds go to funding the Aquarium.

I didn't know what security would be like at the entrance.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree. Shouldn't have a problem.

But if you try to walk anywhere near the Dome with anything weapon-like, you'll get yelled at by their lovely security guards.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Wife, child, and I went to the Aquarium last Saturday and the Zoo today. No security. River Walk was the same.

Top Bottom