My Beretta 71: A whisper of Mossad

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Well maybe the one that I scooped up was or maybe it wasn't. We may never know. But this is a cool piece. Had my gunsmith remove the faux suppressor and we put on a Silencerco .5x20 to .5x28 adapter. Check out the article and the pics:

http://gunsmagazine.com/whispers-of-mossad/

WLZaLLP.jpg

LZLtEZW.jpg

PLk98uL.jpg

4C7mHK4.jpg

y4SlkQf.jpg

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    An old aac slim-liter would be perfect on that beretta if it didn't have that obnoxiously long barrel extension on it.

JR1572

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've long admired the 71 and want to take advantage of the offers I've seen, but can't seem to find a source for barrel adapters or (preferably) a replacement barrel. I know there were extended target barrels produced for this model but haven't seen one available. I have no urge to suppress one, but it would make a nice pack gun.
    Faux suppressor removal seems straight forward enough, filing down to the set screw and removing the suppressor.

Any sources for parts?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I've long admired the 71 and want to take advantage of the offers I've seen, but can't seem to find a source for barrel adapters or (preferably) a replacement barrel. I know there were extended target barrels produced for this model but haven't seen one available. I have no urge to suppress one, but it would make a nice pack gun.
    Faux suppressor removal seems straight forward enough, filing down to the set screw and removing the suppressor.

Any sources for parts?

.5x20 to .5x28 Silencerco adapter was afforadable...going to get it cut down as soon as possible....you can probably find .5x20 thread protectors online.

Numrich has select parts in stock that are interchangeable for the 70 series berettas. I also was trying to keep an eye out for a barrel. You are correct about the faux can removal...good write ups and vids available on it too.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    .5x20 to .5x28 Silencerco adapter was afforadable...going to get it cut down as soon as possible....you can probably find .5x20 thread protectors online.

Numrich has select parts in stock that are interchangeable for the 70 series berettas. I also was trying to keep an eye out for a barrel. You are correct about the faux can removal...good write ups and vids available on it too.
    Thanks brother.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I've always wondered about the faux suppressors.... do they change your point of aim?

I didnt shoot it with the fake can. We immediately removed it when it showed up from UPS. But my guess is that it wouldn't because the faux can is very over sized on the ID compared to the bore diameter on the barrel itself. It does block the sights so its kind of point and shoot concept when equipped with a can...fake or real.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I didnt shoot it with the fake can. We immediately removed it when it showed up from UPS. But my guess is that it wouldn't because the faux can is very over sized on the ID compared to the bore diameter on the barrel itself. It does block the sights so its kind of point and shoot concept when equipped with a can...fake or real.
    If any of you pistol suppressor shooters haven't already noticed, shooting with both eyes open lets you see the target and your sights even if the can blocks the sights. Try it. It may take a little time to become proficient but once your eyes get accustomed to working together it'll be like there's nothing blocking the sights. I've always shot both eyes open. I don't even see the optic on my "red dot" guns. Just the target and the dot

Top Bottom