Angola Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Considering going to the rodeo. Will they check a firearm at the gate? Should I leave my CCW at home?

TIA

Never been to the rodeo. But they do search your vehicle sometimes coming and going it's my understanding always going. The thoroughness I believe is changes with perceived necessity. The two days I went to Angola they only checked my trunk for passengers and nothing more.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Considering going to the rodeo. Will they check a firearm at the gate? Should I leave my CCW at home?

TIA

Never been to the rodeo. But they do search your vehicle sometimes coming and going it's my understanding always going. The thoroughness I believe is changes with perceived necessity. The two days I went to Angola they only checked my trunk for passengers and nothing more.

OP, probably your best source of information regarding this would be to call the facility and talk to someone there. There's a possibility that someone there could give you a better answer than some of our "experts."

JR1572

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    OP, probably your best source of information regarding this would be to call the facility and talk to someone there. There's a possibility that someone there could give you a better answer than some of our "experts."

JR1572

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This! Find out from the employees there what you need to do to meet their requirements.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    No one answering any of the numbers listed on the rodeo website. I'll keep trying and post back the reply.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Leave it at home.
    No firearms or ammo allowed on the property.

http://www.angolarodeo.com/?q=Tickets
    Prison Rodeo Policies

Shop for Angola merchandise online at the Angola Museum gift shop!
    Inmate hobbycraft items are only for sale at Angola Prison Rodeo Events.
    When entering the grounds of a penal institution in Louisiana, you consent to a search of your person, property and vehicle.
    No food, drink, stadium seats, or cameras are allowed through the rodeo entrance gate.
    No weapons, ammunition, alcohol and drugs are allowed on prison property.
    All purses, diaper bags, belt pouches, etc., will be searched before you enter the rodeo grounds. No food items or ice chests are allowed.
    All vehicles must be locked.
    A 30-minute video entitled "The Wildest Show in the South," produced by Gabriel Films, is available for sale at the Angola Museum. This film was nominated for an Academy Award in 2000. For more information, contact the Museum at 225-655-2592.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

JR1572

:rofl:

Don't you dare get banned; ever again!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

JR1572

Hey I gave my experience with the gate procedures no need to be snarky.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    For the record, I have done work there before, and they checked it at the gate and put it in a locker. But with hundreds of people coming in, they most likely don't have enough lockers. i am still trying to get someone to answer the phone.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    You are not supposed to pass through the gate with it, but they do not look for such things entering or leaving. you will not want check it at the gate with 10,000 people passing through that day.

longshot308

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Went last year. I told the guy at the gate I had a firearm (ok, I had 2). He asked me to pull in a parking lot and walk to the little window with guns visible. Very relaxed. I had been hunting so I had a few mags full of ammo (ok, more like 6 or 7 different ones). The guard just laughed. You put it in a bag, they give you a ticket number and you get it on the way out. No problem. When I left, I could see about 20 or 30 different bags. I don't know about the locker thing. Sure, it's not like they inventory every little thing, but I trust them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom