Acadian Armament

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    I looked it up. Seems, well, interesting. No prices listed on website.
    I def won't be the guinea pig. I'll come check them out if you do a demo.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    We demoed one on a 308 and 300blk...indoors. They seem like a solid product.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Their minimal barrel length leaves a lot to be desired, essentially none of their cans are rated for SBR's.
    Before and after groupings with can off and on is snake oil at most.
    No published DB numbers.

RJC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    Lafayette, LA
    Answering questions

Their minimal barrel length leaves a lot to be desired, essentially none of their cans are rated for SBR's.
    No published DB numbers.

I noticed a few questions and am happy to answer them for forum visitors.
    1. Demonstrations: We can schedule demonstrations for dealers. Please contact your dealer and we'll work it out. Gather up as many people as you can for the demo...we want to make it worth your dealer's time.
    2. Barrel length and SBR capabilities: Our SBR can (Patriot™ Defender-LE) is currently available only via government agency sales. That being said, we occasionally have over-runs and make these available to our select dealers. Check with your dealer. You can see more about the Patriot™ Defender-LE at https://www.acadianarmament.com/le-agency-sales. Otherwise, our silencers are made to enhance accuracy.
    3. Accuracy: BTG Research (btgresearch.org) performs ballistics research for the Dept. of Defense and the firearm industry. The principal investigators of BTG are each MIT Ph.D.s and recently prepared a white paper regarding tests of the two-stage Predator™ silencers and of their ability to "...demonstrate significant reductions in yaw and drag...versus unsuppressed or with a conventional mouse-hole/K-baffle design." This paper was published in the proceedings of the 30th International Symposium on Ballistics in September 2017. You can read that paper here.
    4. Groupings: You're justified in being suspect of groupings. These two groups were shot by James Mann in Baton Rouge at Hunters Run Gun Club. Target Overlay 2 492x476.jpg Several people, including law enforcement officers, witness the shooting. There were only nine shots fired; five were unsuppressed on the first target and four were suppressed with a two-stage Predator™ Panther on the second. We have other groupings posted on our website as they were offered to us by registered competitive shooters (one exception - I posted one of my 5-shot groups. I'm not a shooter; I'm just a point-and-click guy)
    5. Decibel Numbers: There is not enough room on this forum to express my opinion of consumers' fixation with decibel numbers. We now present our sound pressure level measurements with the conditions under which they were taken. Any SPL (sound pressure level) measurement posted without at least the specific caliber, barrel length, and bullet weight and 1474D position and condition noted is useless. For instance, the Predator™ Lynx on a 16" Savage 93 with 40gr CCI Standard Velocity (1070fps) 22LR ammo has a 112.3dB SPL. But the same silencer on a 16" Colt M4-A1 with 77gr Federal .223 has a 138.4dB SPL. This link will show you the Patriot™ Defender-LE data for 10" and 16" and for 55gr and 77gr ammo.
    Our design parameters for any silencer depends on the intended use. Our two-stage rifle silencers aren't designed for high ROF SBR use. Our compact silencers Lynx and Defender are made for rugged high ROF and close quarters use. Check out this video for a candid discussion about the SBR design parameters.

RJC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2017
    Lafayette, LA
    Answering questions

No published DB numbers.

I noticed a few questions and am happy to answer them for forum visitors.
    1. Demonstrations: We can schedule demonstrations for dealers and their customers. Please contact your dealer and we'll work it out. Gather up as many people as you can for the demo...we want to make it worth your dealer's time.
    2. Barrel length and SBR capabilities: Our SBR can (Patriot™ Defender-LE) based on the PPB (Parallel-Path Baffle) technology is currently available only via government agency sales. That being said, we occasionally have over-runs and make these available to our select dealers. Check with your dealer. You can see more about the Patriot™ Defender-LE at https://www.acadianarmament.com/le-agency-sales. Our TSS (Two-Stage Suppression) silencers are designed to enhance accuracy and are not recommended for high ROF SBR use.
    3. Accuracy: BTG Research (btgresearch.org) performs ballistics research for the Dept. of Defense and the firearm industry. The principal investigators of BTG are each MIT Ph.D.s and recently prepared a white paper regarding tests of the two-stage Predator™ silencers and of their ability to "...demonstrate significant reductions in yaw and drag...versus unsuppressed or with a conventional mouse-hole/K-baffle design." This paper was published in the proceedings of the 30th International Symposium on Ballistics in September 2017. You can read that paper here.
    4. Groupings: You're justified in being suspect of groupings. These two groups were shot by James Mann in Baton Rouge at Hunters Run Gun Club.View attachment 74261 This was his first experience with Predator™ silencers. Several people, including law enforcement officers and representatives from Carbon-Six and McGowen Precision Barrels, witnessed the shooting. There were only nine shots fired; five were unsuppressed on the first target and four were suppressed with a two-stage Predator™ Panther on the second. (After the fourth shot, he had to see the target up close). We have other groupings posted on our website as they were offered to us by registered competitive shooters (one exception - I posted one of my 5-shot groups. I'm not a shooter; I'm just a point-and-click guy)
    5. Decibel Numbers: The number out of context is meaningless. We present our sound pressure level measurements with the conditions under which they were taken. Any SPL (sound pressure level) measurement posted without at least the specific caliber, barrel length, and bullet weight and 1474D position and condition noted is useless. For instance, the Predator™ Lynx on a 16" Savage 93 with 40gr CCI Standard Velocity (1070fps) 22LR ammo has a 112.3dB SPL. But the same silencer on a 16" Colt M4-A1 with 77gr Federal .223 has a 138.4dB SPL. This link will show you the Patriot™ Defender-LE data for 10" and 16" and for 55gr and 77gr ammo.

Design parameters for any silencer depend on the intended use. Our two-stage rifle silencers are intended for high accuracy applications. Our compact silencers Lynx and Defender are made for rugged high ROF and close quarters use.

Check out this video for a candid discussion about the SBR design parameters for the Defender. The Defender design parameters were specified by Mark Greneaux, US Dept. of State Anti-Terror Assistance Program Team Leader, Instructional Facilitator and Curriculum Writer to compliment a host weapon platform designed for professional use.

We really appreciate your comments. Our objective is to deliver to you the products you need. We can't do it without you.

Thanks
    rjc

Last edited:
    Top Bottom